找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2023 F-1's Races

[复制链接]
发表于 2023-8-5 18:51:58 | 显示全部楼层
brother dragon

I myself is a diehard TIFOSI since the 90's and not a fan of max especially from his early years with his I dont give a fuck and just crash into people attitude.

but to call redbull cheating with no facts is wrong. Usually other teams are on top of these kind of stuff and would notify the FIA right away.  

unfortunately we will never see lewis and max in the same team to see who is faster in the same car. They are probajbly very similar in speed. When max's career ends he will be one of the all time great. He is already up there with number of wins, etc etc.  

Mclaren's car strength are high downforce circuits and SPA really exposed their weakness. Back to reality. Mclaren still have some way to go.

One day we can go to a sports bar to watch f1 and shoot the shit

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2023-8-5 21:03:18 | 显示全部楼层
I was drawn into watching F-1 when Jim Clark was world champion.

In my books, the best driver of all times, was Ayerton Senna (killed in an Italian race),  2nd will be Lewis Hamilton, 3rd will be shared by Michael Schumacher & Alain Prost, Max at best can only be 4th.

Best is NOT based on number of world championships won because in the early days of F-1, there were no more than 8 races for the whole year, today there are 20+ races.  Obviously, it is not a fair comparison.

Factors to consider being named as a good driver:
I.  Must be able to drive fast on both dry AND wet track.  Senna can do this even better than Hamilton.
II.  Able to qualify first even with an inferior car, both Senna & Hamilton demonstrated their ability there.  This is particularly true with Senna who won 7 times in Monaco (a few times in the rain & even once in an inferior car when he first started his career).  Hamilton was more fortunate because his first ride was with MaClaren which was a championship contending team, and Hamilton's first F-1 drive almost netted him a first win had he not make a rookie mistake on the last lap of his first F-1 race.  A similar rookie mistake costed him the Drivers' Championship during the first year as well.
III.  Must have a competitive instinct without forfeiting sportsmanship.  Both Senna & Hamilton both share these qualities, but not Schumacher and Max because both are DIRTY divers.  Example:
A.  Schumacher, on two occasions (years), when championship was being challenged and he might lose it but was still leading in points, chose to crash into the closest contender to protect his lead in the championship, once against Damon Hill (successful), the other time against the Canadian Driver (failed attempt).  Max also used this tactics a few times against Hamilton - intentionally drove wide to push Hamilton out of the track.  Unfortunately, Race Stewards turned a blind eye to those incidents.
B.  Senna stopped his car in the middle of a race to try help a fellow driver who was trapped inside his car after an accident.  Hamilton, when annual Championship was secure, gave up his win twice to his "wing man" Bottas because Bottas was asked by Team Manager to let Hamilton pass.  I have yet to see Max do this.  That is why in the most recent race, Max was told to "Please use your head......"
I can cite other examples except my memories are failing.
Oh yes, after the Hungarian Race, RB invited all teams to a BBQ party, only a few drivers showed up but none of the big names.  That was an indication of how much the other drivers/teams think of RB & its drivers.  Just like me, no teams have the right to demand opening RB's power unit for examination, only the Chief Steward can, but ever since 3 years ago, inexperienced Chief Stewards ran the show, resulting in giving Max his first Championship.
Anyway, this is expected to continue until there is a re-shuffle of the Governing Body.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-8-8 06:52:18 | 显示全部楼层
brother Dragon

I dont disagree with your view on who is the best ever. However Max career is still only in the middle stage. We can only determine what he achieve at the end of his career.

Schumi is my all time favorite driver btw.

Michael Masi fucked the entire f1 and Lewis should have won the 2021 championship.

Rb's power unit is the weakest right now on the grid in terms of HP.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2023-8-16 15:35:11 | 显示全部楼层
rpm6969 发表于 2023-8-8 06:52
brother Dragon

I dont disagree with your view on who is the best ever. However Max career is still  ...

1.  True, Max is still young but he establish too many enemies right now.  Time will tell!
2.  Schumacher had a terrific ride when he joined Ferrari which was at its best during that time.  When Schumacher un-retired to rejoin Ferrari when it was so-so in performance, so was he.   Senna had a few years with a weak team, until he qualified ahead of faster cars in the rain + won those wet races, that Team Managers started watching him closely.  Towards the end, Schumacher/Benneton cheated by not removing traction control (?) but claimed it was not turned on during the race (would you believe that!?) which had Benneton banned from future races & subsequently jumped ship to Ferrari.  Anyway, it was during this cheating period which forced Senna to drive, may be over his limit or the car's traction limit which resulted in Senna's death.  That is why, Schumacher & his subsequently intentionally blocking/hitting his closest rivals removed him from being considered as the best driver.

Back to present, next weekend is Dutch F-1 GP which is Max's home court!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-8-17 07:43:22 | 显示全部楼层
such a boring season, Max (best driver) on Redbull (best car) is just walking it, extremely boring.

rpm6969 发表于 2023-8-8 06:52
brother Dragon

Lewis 100% at fault in Silverstone causing Max to crash, that is at least -20 point the Max lost bc of Lewis
of course the Championship should be Max's, no way Lewis deserve that championship.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-8-18 07:29:27 | 显示全部楼层
if lewis didnt deserve the championship max didnt deserve it either.

Michael massi fucked the sport period.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2023-8-24 02:54:46 | 显示全部楼层
^$$$^ 发表于 2023-8-17 07:43
such a boring season, Max (best driver) on Redbull (best car) is just walking it, extremely boring.

What year's race are you referring to?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2023-8-24 03:01:16 | 显示全部楼层
Don't forget F1's summer break is over.  The next stop is in Netherlands this weekend!

Max's father is Dutch.  He was also born in Holland but he chose to race as Belgian which I don't understand since Belgium is not a tax heaven & also do not have the "brothel streets" like Amsterdam   !
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2023-8-26 13:15:07 | 显示全部楼层
2023 Dutch F-1 GPs Qualifying Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S2WRC3BIqs

I had an errand to run & did not watch the live Qualifying, so I can only comment based on F-1 reports & my observation:

1.  Qualifying Results:  Max, Norris, Russell, Piastri.
2.  Aside from Max - the leader, all 3 followers were using MB power unit.
3.  Hamilton did not make it to Q3 because his run in Q2 was "impeded" by Tsunodo who was given a 3 place penalty!
4.  Bases on "1" above, Max is surrounded by 3 MB power units.
5.  Since under normal circumstances,  Hamilton (if not impeded by "3" above) should be faster than the other drivers with MB power units, we can expect to see Max being chased by 4 MB power units behind him.  Interesting!

There will be live telecast, check your local TV guide.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2023-8-26 17:10:46 | 显示全部楼层
There will be live telecast of 2023's Dutch F-1 GP.

Per my area's TV guide, it is TSN1 or Channel 494 @ 0855 repeat 0855.  Double against your local TV guide!!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-28 18:12 , Processed in 0.038900 second(s), 11 queries .