AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 2823|回复: 14

Toronto Blue Jays Offseason and Free Agency ?

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-12-7 15:02:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
If there are any Blue Jay fans here I would like to wonder how they feel about the past few days seeing all the big contracts and other teams making big off-season moves while seeing Toronto stagnant since they traded Teoscar Hernendez to Seattle, do you think head office is making a big enough push or are players genuinely not interested in coming to Toronto?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-12-9 11:32:10 | 显示全部楼层
Seems like Jays will not be signing any big free agents.  They gotta grow their own home grown talent.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-12-9 13:00:09 | 显示全部楼层
It's very frustrating seeing the team not sign anyone to fix the problems they have like the bullpen and starting rotation is questionable after Manoah and Gausman, I don't know if Jose Berrios will pitch like the ace he was supposed to be when we traded for him, Kukuchi is literally a guessing game when he starts and Ryu being injured for an entire season with the big contract and his age and health. There are so many problems to address and with players being signed daily off free agency I don't think the Jays will have a solid team in the coming season to make a significant push even if they made playoffs.
I agree that they need to grow their own talent but that might take a couple years but the direction of the team is they gotta do it soon, Springer isn't getting any younger, bichette and vlad have their new contract negotiations soon so by the time our farm system is MLB ready team might be going in opposite direction.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-12-9 13:41:15 | 显示全部楼层
That's the problem with being a Canadian team, most good players don't want to play up North, happens in NHL and NBA too.  We gotta overpay them to consider or get low end A to B talent.

Did Rogers say their check book is open for business?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-12-9 20:56:13 | 显示全部楼层
rogers will never open their books as wide as the other teams, we also pay a lot more for talent like you said which is frustrating
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-12-10 00:48:21 | 显示全部楼层
Can you imagine Rogers handing out 40M/year contract, aka Judge, lol
Honestly, if I was a player I would not want to play in Canada too.  In USA you get some States with no State Tax and advertising dollar is far greater.  Playing in the majors is like winning the lottery, gotta cash in.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-12-11 14:56:13 | 显示全部楼层
Yes they already pay less tax in the states, like you said house is cheaper too, any major league sport playing in the states always better, I'm not 100% sure but I think you pay USA and Canada tax if you're Canadian citizenship, and as for Jays paying 40/year I don't even think they will offer that to Vlad Jr the furthest they go maybe 25-30/year and bichette who is one of the worst defensive shortstops in the game will want something similar
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-12-14 01:10:58 | 显示全部楼层
They definitely gotta keep Vlad Jr around, how many more years we can afford him?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-12-14 18:27:37 | 显示全部楼层
shagmate 发表于 2022-12-14 01:10
They definitely gotta keep Vlad Jr around, how many more years we can afford him?

Vlad Jr is in his final year before trade negotiations I think, same with bichette I believe but bichette really needs improvement for defense so many errors last year
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-12-15 00:15:35 | 显示全部楼层
Damn, enjoy Vlad Jr which you can.  I have a strong feeling he is done with TO as soon as he can leave, and I am sure there are many teams down south willing to overpay this guy.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 20:08 , Processed in 0.036337 second(s), 13 queries .