找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 9396|回复: 21

大家觉得技术水平有多低才能导致Rogers全国长时间断网?

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-7-9 13:18:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Rogers大规模长时间全国断网,给全国各地的客户造成移动服务和互联网中断。
我觉得工作服务器都有备份服务器在边上侯着的,系统升级都有预备方案,万一升级失败怎样回滚。怎么会导致全国大范围长时间断网?说明技术有多差低,管理有多差!

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-9 15:33:47 | 显示全部楼层
Funny enough they had another blackout last year in April but it was only for mobile data I believe
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-9 16:03:39 | 显示全部楼层
Honestly we put too much trust into tech companies to do the right thing and follow best practices.  At the end of the day all they care about is bottom line, redundancy cost money.  It's cheaper for them to see these rare mass outage than implement systems and procedures the life time of operations.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-9 21:11:22 | 显示全部楼层
shagmate 发表于 2022-7-9 16:03
Honestly we put too much trust into tech companies to do the right thing and follow best practices.  ...

all carriers in canada are governed by gov authority to make sure they comply to the service standard. Failure to comply may lead to hefty fine and may even put their operating license at stake.

I am not sure would there be any class action suing Rogers because of this outage, if yes, the damages could be unimaginable, in additon to the income loss due to customers switching to other carriers. I think the cost saving from not implementing backup system cannot balance out the potential loss.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-10 09:05:56 | 显示全部楼层
Government regulations are one thing, enforcement is another.  There is a reason why we only have a duopoly in communication sector.  And barrier to entry into extremely tough.

No where in our contract with Rogers and Bell says they guarantee 100% uptime.  And max what they gonna do is give us a day worth of credit.  The government might do any inquiry and finger wagging, that it.  By next week no one will care and moved on and everything will remain status quo, back to better bottom line.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-7-10 14:00:28 | 显示全部楼层
最新Rogers说:“故障在周四晚和周五凌晨进行的核心网络维护更新(maintenance update)之后发生的。更新导致我们系统中的一些路由器发生故障,故障导致流量过载。结果,整个系统关闭。”
但一般更新前就有plan b,若更新出错,回滚,重启整个系统即可。若都是这样更新出错就停一天,谁还敢更新?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-10 15:02:52 | 显示全部楼层
我猜rogers不至蠢得沒有plan B. 聲明說到整個系統關閉就有點奇, 因核心系統沒理由沒有後備設備緊急時補上. 想一想萬一加拿大發生災難或戰爭, 這樣的通訊系統是要死很多人做代價.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-10 16:59:14 | 显示全部楼层
It has happened before many times, mainly with rogers, over the past 20 years.

They just refuse to admit it in the past when they manage to fix it in a few hours.

The core of the problem is that they add a lot of snooping stuff in their data transmission, thus standard update from the hardware vendors are often broken by their code.

And no, I know for a fact that there is no plan b.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-7-11 17:19:26 | 显示全部楼层
好信息:
Rogers一魁北克客户发起集体诉讼!要求每人赔偿400元!在法律文件中,Verdier写道,Rogers应该在更新之前进行测试,IT界称之为“模拟”(staging)环境测试。“而且,Rogers在执行更新时似乎没有‘回滚’(rollback)。不管具体的技术原因是什么,这一行为只能被定性为Rogers的重大过失。”
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-11 21:09:36 | 显示全部楼层
跟之前Facebook宕机的方式差不多啊
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-23 16:36 , Processed in 0.040536 second(s), 13 queries .