找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: jingjing1

EMT 可以有alternative solution吗?

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-5-11 17:25:55 | 显示全部楼层
Lotusroot 发表于 2022-5-11 12:47
honest question about EMT, whats the big deal about giving a deposit? I know its an issue if you hav ...

There's 2 separate risks involved. One has a small probability and one has a big probabilty.

The risk with small probability is that one day the shop gets in trouble with the law, and police will get hold of their bank records and see the real (legal) name of every customer who ever paid by EMT.

The risk with high probability (more like certainty) is that now the agency knows your real (legal) name and can use that as leverage over you if they ever need to. Now if you name is something common like John Lee, that's not a big issue, but if your name is more unique (or if your Chinese name is included) as well, then that is a problem.

Lastly, if you are someone who doesn't care if everybody knows you are a 雞蟲 then no worries. But if you're someone who has a family and a reputation to protect, then its a risk you can't afford to take.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-12 02:37:42 | 显示全部楼层
with tech being so advanced.. i am surprised that agencies aren't taking crypto
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-12 08:25:01 | 显示全部楼层
just超齡 发表于 2022-5-11 17:25
There's 2 separate risks involved. One has a small probability and one has a big probabilty.

The ...

Indeed lol some people just dont know the danger of using emt
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-12 08:26:57 | 显示全部楼层
sexyandcity 发表于 2022-5-12 08:25
Indeed lol some people just dont know the danger of using emt

Ignore my arrogance

There are places that only takes emt ??
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-12 08:32:28 | 显示全部楼层
tenzor 发表于 2022-5-12 08:26
Ignore my arrogance

Some places ask you for emt when you are first tine customer to them
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-12 08:32:42 | 显示全部楼层
tenzor 发表于 2022-5-12 08:26
Ignore my arrogance

I think D4U and maybe asb ask for emt deposit for first time client

One of the reasons I can't go to those
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-12 17:58:00 | 显示全部楼层
Unfortunately that's the norm nowadays for some agencies and there's a number of reasons why they do it. The obvious one is to verify your identity, this applies to agencies who wants to verify your ethnic background. Two is because of cancellations. At the end of the day it's a business for them, likely one would hesitate to not show up after you EMT a deposit. And even if you don't show up and take that EMT as a loss, for the agency it's better to get something than none at all. Picture a scenario where a customer calls and the booker said no availability because someone already took that time but never showed up? I heard as well from talking to some girls about a potential robbery scam where the booker called and verify a 1st time customer. Dude is Asian who speaks the language but when the the time comes a black dude was standing in front of the door.

Also about the common scare if police finally caught up with an agency, do you really expect them to verify and look for all the person who had those emt transactions? Like seriously unless you get caught in the act paying for sex then yes that is an offence. As long as they get the pimp that's all they care for. There's always a risk in this certain hobby.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-12 22:41:55 | 显示全部楼层
Honestly are the police really that interested in your $500 dollars? Can they really prove you were a customer and did something illegal? For all they know, it could just be a person buying used designer shoes online. We're just small fish.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-20 09:38:24 | 显示全部楼层
有个加拿大买比特币的网站,叫做Bull Bitcoin,最近推出一项新的服务可以通过他们的平台send e-transfer。当然了,email和名字都是显示的这家公司的。不知道店家会不会接受这样的emt
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-20 10:11:06 | 显示全部楼层
EMT没关系吧,我就是懒得取cash能emt的就emt
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-24 20:57 , Processed in 0.039458 second(s), 11 queries .