AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2022 F-1' GP's Race Schedule

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-7-5 01:53:18 | 显示全部楼层
The tech and safety in these cars are mind boggling.  No wonder this is a multi millionaire sport.  The amount of cash they burn for perfection is immeasurable
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-7-5 14:47:01 | 显示全部楼层
The next stop after the British F-1 is this weekend (JUL10) in Austria.

As usual, I will follow the event closely & keep you all posted.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-5 15:54:03 | 显示全部楼层
Weather forecast is cloudy with 50% chances of shower, should be safer driving conditions compared to British F-1
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-7-5 18:58:48 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2022-7-4 16:40
Another video analysing how the halo saved Zhou and other drivers who survived the misfortune:

http ...

The following video is an in depth study & analysis of how the first corner accident at the British F-1 GP happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEn6Bj66Hw4

Zhou, in 9th starting position, had a mediocre start which I noticed and mentioned in my previous posting.

But George Russel in 8th spot, was the culprit.  He was on hard compound tire, no grip and resulted in a slow start.  Latiffi (10 spot) on soft, was right behind Russel, & had good grip and a good start.  He noticed that the 2 slower cars in front left a gap in the middle, he took it & passed both.  The 11th spot car, also on soft compound tires, tried to follow suit, but Russel decided to close the gap, so this car hit Russel's left rear, Russel's car went sideways & hit Zhou, sending Zhou air borne, & the accident happened.........

This video is WELL WORTH viewing!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-6 00:15:36 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2022-7-5 18:58
The following video is an in depth study & analysis of how the first corner accident at the Britis ...

Yeah it's one of those unfortunate lap 1 turn 1 incidents that immediately get red flagged and burn through 2 laps. I also wonder whether Zhou's car would have flipped over if the Mercedes car still had its side pods. The Mercedes car shape in the crash was effectively a ramp that helped flip Zhou's car over and sent him over the wall...

Side note, Albon was also sent to the hospital for the incident luckily he wasn't hurt either despite the crash having high G-forces.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-7-9 07:09:05 | 显示全部楼层
Qualifying result for the SPRINT RACE of the 2022 Austria F-1 has been decided:

Max, LeClerc
Sainz, Perez
Russell

Both Russell & Hamilton crashed in Q3.  Russell managed to set up a time for the 5th spot before crashing out, while Hamilton crashed before having any time so must settle for last spot of Q3.

The Sprint race will be held today (SAT).  The result of the sprint race will decide the starting grid of the "real race" which will be held tomorrow.

MB mechanics will have a lot of work to do on 2 cars & get them ready for the Sprint race .  I suspect one of the MB drivers will have to use the spare car while the less damaged car will be repaired to get both cars ready for the sprint race.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-7-9 12:39:59 | 显示全部楼层
Sprint Race of 2022's Austria F-1 GP to decide the starting grid position of tomorrow's race has ended.  The starting position will be:

Max, LeClerc,
Sainz, Perez,
Russell
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SPRINT RACE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShVSRyQsPw
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-9 15:33:05 | 显示全部楼层
Mick did a great job of defending hamilton near the end of the sprint race
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-9 16:04:31 | 显示全部楼层
Who is the favorite going into the main race?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2022-7-9 16:44:23 | 显示全部楼层
shagmate 发表于 2022-7-9 16:04
Who is the favorite going into the main race?

My guess is, Max is the clear favourite but power unit reliability is something else.

Ferrari drivers are good too, but they are gentleman drivers NOT dirty, like Max.

MBs are probably out of the running because both cars crashed in the Qualifying.  Luckily, the mechanics have almost one full day to repair & get them ready again.  Of course, hastily repaired cars are not ideal and just might fall apart again during the race.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-5-13 17:28 , Processed in 0.040736 second(s), 11 queries .