AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2021 Formula-1 GP

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2021-11-6 10:10:33 | 显示全部楼层
There might be a live telecast of the 2021 Mexican F-1 GP, but don't bet on it.

FRI has two FP Sessions, Max was almost a full second faster than the nearest rival.  However, it was a practice session, can only use it as an indication, nothing more.

Today, there will be a 3rd Practice session then qualifying to determine the starting position for tomorrow.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2021-11-6 16:32:43 | 显示全部楼层
I monitored the Qualifying Sessions via F-1 official website by reading the commentary.

RB were faster in Q1 & Q2, then in Q3, Max's rear tires lost grip, so Bottas, Hamilton finished 1 - 2, then Max and Perez.

It will be a very interesting start tomorrow.  I suspect,  Bottas though on pole, will let Hamilton pass, then block Max in getting any closer to try to allow Hamilton win the race.

I hope that there is live telecast tomorrow, but that will remain a hope.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2021-11-7 03:08:12 | 显示全部楼层
2021 Mexican F-1 GP's Qualifying Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZxH139j6os
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2021-11-7 15:55:50 | 显示全部楼层
The 2021 Mexican F-1 GP has just finished with the order of Max, Hamilton, and Perez.

The race, in my opinion, was decided even before reaching the first corner!  I thought Bottas will let Hamilton pass at the start and will then act as his wing man to slow down Max.  However, Bottas was slow with his reflexes and the start, then decided to race Hamilton by squeezing him before the first corner, thus leaving a huge gap for Max to pass them both in one go.

Stupid Bottas!  

Then Bottas was tapped by Ricciardo, sending him into a spin to a dead last position.

Bottas was NEVER a good racier in a racing mix.  He was not able to improve his position and ended  the race in well outside 15th, thus cannot even help the Team in the Constructors' Championship!

Replacing Bottas with George Russel next season is definitely a good move for MB!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2021-11-7 16:19:34 | 显示全部楼层
Here is the catastrophic start (for MB) of the 2021 Mexican F-1 GP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biT8i3rv3MA

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-11-7 19:29:00 | 显示全部楼层
soo happy Max won today.. !
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2021-11-12 16:37:55 | 显示全部楼层
2021's Brazilian F-1 GP is trying out the same format which was used before, i.e. the Qualifying Session on FRI which has just finished, with Hamilton, Max, Bottas, Perez occupying the two front rows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEeIbERpgsk

Tomorrow (SAT), there will be a short sprint race to decide the starting position of SUN's main race.

Racing fans will definitely like this format because it means watching two F-1 races within the same weekend.

I am not so sure that the Team Managers & their drivers would like it due too much stress + wear & tear on both vehicles and mental state of their drivers.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2021-11-13 14:25:29 | 显示全部楼层
Here is the drama & just came in.

After yesterday's Qualifying Session, Max went to Hamilton's car & touched its rear wing and made some hand measurements which is NOT allowed.  As such, Max was penalized with UKP50,000.00.

However, rear wing of Hamilton's car was found with DRS infringement, & was given a disqualification from the Qualifying result, i.e. Hamilton will have to start today's sprint race from the last position.

Luckily, the sprint race is not the main race, it is used to decide the starting position of tomorrow's main event.  Nevertheless, most likely, Hamilton will not be able to start the main event from a pole position.

Well, well, well, I do believe Stewards should also look into the power unit of RB's car.  There is simply no way that a Honda engine can out-perform a MB engine, AND with consistency & reliability throughout almost the whole year!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2021-11-13 15:01:44 | 显示全部楼层
Due to unauthorized ICE change, Hamilton will be getting a 5 grid position penalty.

I am following (reading) the Spint Race progress from F-1's official site.  Max lost 3 position from the start of the Sprint Race and Bottas took over and led.  Only  more laps to go & Hamilton has already climbed from dead last to 6th!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2021-11-13 15:04:26 | 显示全部楼层
The Sprint Race has ended!

Bottas, Max, Saitz, Perez, then Hamilton (5th).

However, in the Main Event tomorrow, Hamilton will start from 10th as explained previously.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-26 03:25 , Processed in 0.037105 second(s), 11 queries .