AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 1645|回复: 6

Up and Coming Politician Beto O'rouke

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-2-12 23:33:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke (/ˈbɛ.toʊ oʊ.rɔːrk/; born September 26, 1972) is an American businessman and politician who represented Texas's 16th congressional district for three terms in the United States House of Representatives.

A native of El Paso, Texas, O'Rourke served on the El Paso City Council from 2005 to 2011. O'Rourke was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2012 after defeating incumbent Silvestre Reyes in a Democratic primary. O'Rourke declined to seek re-election to the House in 2018 and instead ran for U.S. Senate. As the 2018 Democratic U.S. Senate nominee, O'Rourke was narrowly defeated by Republican incumbent Senator Ted Cruz.

Just like Obama, graduate of Columbia University.  Good Orator.  Visited all districts of Texas for the Senate campaign. Not declared for US presidential election YET.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-2-12 23:41:57 | 显示全部楼层
He is not as good as Obama. but better than DT probably. Once I watched the show 'America got talent'. a man impersonated DT to sing and dance. probably the most funny 'DT' (fake though) ever.  Obama is a legend. I listen to his speech everyday morning and try to immitate his tone of voice from time to time.
Like of like MLK's style.  and i shouted to the audiences on TTC 'make America great again' a couple of times each morning when I headed to my office. some of them laughed.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-2-12 23:42:36 | 显示全部楼层
'kind of like" *typo
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-2-14 03:17:18 | 显示全部楼层
Adamsmith-moon 发表于 2019-2-12 23:41
He is not as good as Obama. but better than DT probably. Once I watched the show 'America got talent ...

Do you know where you ARE, TO.

Make TO great again and build up more SUBWAYS like China.  Every two years a NEW LINE, not a new station.
City will be covered by all possible subways, and Electric buses are running all over city.  That is what any CITY should be for the good of people.
Next step, driver less car that no one OWNS and PARKS any more.  Look at how much space freed up by the disappearance of Gas stations and Parking lots.  More Condos can be built in the city.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-2-17 23:52:38 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2019-2-14 03:17
Do you know where you ARE, TO.

Make TO great again and build up more SUBWAYS like China.  Every t ...

your suggestion or perspective is not feasible. The government does not have sufficient money to fund the huge project. TO is not as good as NYC in terms of the capital accumulation.
and 'Every two years a new line' is not realistic either. i have lived in TO for so many years. the only new subway line is the northern line beyong Shepperd west.  Just look at NYC subway map and u will know how big the difference is. I dont think no one will own and park any more in the near future. Look at the case of Japan, such a small territory and extremely convenient public transportation system, however, people in Japan still love private cars. Japanese cars are popular everywhere all over the world for being cheap with decent quality. Ur perspective is  fantasy.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-2-18 04:15:11 | 显示全部楼层
New line in China,
NOT TO.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-2-18 11:21:57 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2019-2-18 04:15
New line in China,
NOT TO.

even in China, if u do not own a private car, that would be super inconvenient since the subway is overcrowded, so are buses. China is a playfield for rich elites , not for the poor, grassroots etc u name it.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-29 10:22 , Processed in 0.037414 second(s), 13 queries .