AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2019 F-1 Racing schedule

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2019-3-15 13:09:54 | 显示全部楼层
The Australian F-1 FP starts at 1610 Australian time which is about 0410 Toronto time.

FP2 finished.  Ferrari did not have the pace, but too early to tell.  FP3 is tomorrow, then time trial.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-3-16 02:55:19 | 显示全部楼层
FP3 has finished.  Hamilton was 0.6" ahead of Vettel and Le Clerk (check spelling, he is Vettel's team mate).

Keep an eye on Le Clerk, once he get used to how the Ferrari works, he could be faster than Vettel!

2019's F-1 should be better than 2018 due to Max maturing and Le Clerk being acquired by Ferrari.

Official Qualifying will be held soon!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-3-16 07:11:36 | 显示全部楼层
Qualifying results are in.  Hamilton has the pole, beating team mates by .013", then came Vettel 0.03" behind Bottas, Max, and then Le Clerc.

Vettel better watch out for Max at the first corner, because Max has a brave young heart and will not give in to Vettel's dirty driving!

Live telecast starts at Channel 494 (check your local listing) at 0110.  I don't think that is the actual time which is most likely around 0200.

If I could wake up, I will watch, otherwise read the news!  
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-3-16 11:18:25 | 显示全部楼层
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsFjDou_4qk

This video explains the difference in aerodynamics of wing design between 2018 and 2019 which will result in performance, particularly in straight line and overtaking on curves.

This design change will make the 2019 races more interesting.  

Well, we don't know yet, we will soon find out in about 12 hours.  
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-3-17 01:49:38 | 显示全部楼层
My biological clock woke me up in the middle of the night to watch the race.

Bottas led from start to finish to win the race but there were a number of surprises:

1.  Ferrari was NEVER competitive Vs MB.  Le Clerc drove very well, went off the track once but climbed back and could have overtaken Vettel if not for Team order to hold position.

2.  Red Bull performed very well considering:
a.  New engine partner - Honda.
b.  Max went off the track once, if not, he could snatch 2nd place from MB's Hamilton.

3.  MB had the pace and deserved to win.  Somehow, Hamilton didn't have the speed of his team mate - Bottas.

I could not see any significant effect of the new wing design, may be still too early in the season.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-3-29 16:11:29 | 显示全部楼层
REMINDER

The Bahrain F-1 GP is this coming SUNDAY.  

It is too early to say which team/driver is better as only FP2 has finished.  FP3 and then the official qualifying will take place.

Actual race is SUN, early morning Toronto time.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-3-30 11:09:34 | 显示全部楼层
I watched the Official Qualifying session which has just finished.

What a change of fortune for the Ferraris!  In Australia, Ferrari couldn'tfind the required speed but this time both cars were fast to secure pole and 2nd pole.

The amazing thing was Charles Lelerc who joined Ferrari only this year and I predicted him to do well around mid-season, but he was even faster then his team mate - Vettel.

2nd row will be occupied by MBs, namely Hamilton and Bottas.

The race will start tomorrow with live telecast in Toronto at 1100.  Check your TV Guide for local channels.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-3-31 11:55:20 | 显示全部楼层
The Bahrain F-1 GP has just finished.

MB finished 1-2, but the race should have been won by Charles Leclerc who was the pole sitter, had a bad start, then battled from 4th to first, and stayed there until last 12 laps when his engine lost turbo power and dropped to third.

Vettel was never in the game.  If he does not show better results soon and if I were the Ferrari manager, I would not recommend resigning him next year!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-4-2 14:49:45 | 显示全部楼层
Vettel cracked under pressure.
Leclerc was robbed.
Hamilton was at the right place at the right time.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-4-3 06:40:33 | 显示全部楼层
anon1 发表于 2019-4-2 14:49
Vettel cracked under pressure.
Leclerc was robbed.
Hamilton was at the right place at the right time ...

Vettel better prove his worth, or he won't be signed the next time contract comes around!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-20 01:55 , Processed in 0.038501 second(s), 11 queries .