AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 5424|回复: 27

Should Keepers be allowed to participate constructively in Forum Reviews?

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-3-1 05:18:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Recently a brother grumbled after meeting a MM, the agency responded in a gentlemanly/lady-ly & constructive manner to try to make up.  The agency's response was deleted by ADM because there is a Forum rule not to allow Agencies to participate in Forum Review for fear that it might be abused to promote Agencies' MMz, or transform the Discussion Forum into a Dispute Forum.

Some brothers have already expressed their views which generate into the need to have a poll, so that Forum ADM can use for reference if there is a need to amend Forum Rules.
单选投票, 共有 29 人参与投票

投票已经结束

44.83% (13)
27.59% (8)
27.59% (8)
您所在的用户组没有投票权限
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-3-1 05:59:36 | 显示全部楼层
Bro, your heart is in the right place, but u have no idea how much of a headache it is to balance the demands/interests of different parties. You see things as it is on the surface.

Too many rules that are rigidly enforced and that will squeeze the life out of the forum. On the other hand, a no-holds-barred anything goes approach will lead to chaos. Take the middle road by having some rules, and let admin exercise discretion on other issues, and this leads to accusations of unfairness and preferential treatment.

Any discretionary decision is bound to upset some groups. On top of that, u have certain garages that are deviously smart and opportunistic. Furthermore u have accounts by some 'dangerous' folks & friends, just waiting for any opportunity to rise up and attack.

To give an example, why do i have to be so anal about enforcing the rules over in the ad section where ad pushes must be separated by a 2 hour minimum interval, and non-advertisers are not permitted there? Because experience has showed that once i let 1 garage get away with breaking the rules once, other garages follow suit. By the time it gets out of hand and i have to step in, they accuse me of being unfair and allowing other garages to get away with it. Kind of like little kids who say "he was the one that started it" when caught by the teacher doing something wrong.

Then there are other garages that open their own anonymous accounts to circumvent the "2 hr wait" rule by "asking questions" in order to keep bumping their ads to the top. This is why sometimes i have to delete posts by bros whom i trust are not shills, because i cannot afford to let them set a bad precedent (even though their intentions are good).

If u look back a year ago, there was a time when keepers were allowed to participate in the discussion section. I trusted in the self-restraint of keepers but it turns out that didn't work. Once started on the slippery slope, keepers would use every excuse to post there. Whether it be, just dropping by to say "hi" or "thank you" or "sorry" or whatever.

So, Dragondick, you are right, the agency response u r talking about is harmless in and of itself. But the slippery slope that it leads to is not. Once we start going down the slippery slope, then exactly where to draw the line? Which agency responses shall be deemed excessive and must be deleted, and which ones are allowed to stay? It is easy for wolves to suggest a policy change, but admin must deal with the fallout. Just like the HK government, any decision taken will invite attack & criticism from certain groups. So that is why my decision remains, that advertisers are not allowed in the discussion section.

Hope you guys understand and support our position.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-3-1 08:04:26 | 显示全部楼层
The decision has been made; what the heck, cast your votes anyway.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-3-1 08:06:19 | 显示全部楼层
Ben actually you are doing ED a favour by deleting replies.   A agency is going down a slippery slope when publicly stating they will take care a unhappy client. It looks good optically to bros for good customer service.   But it gets abused by bros.  .  A well known  agency use to do this a lot and then every unhappy client would ask for some concessions.     Plus the other agencies were pissed because they had to follow suit and this well known agency became a target.   

You can argue there are some bros who bump threads on simple banter with their fave agency or mm.  Where do you draw the line on that?

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-3-1 11:36:25 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2013-3-1 08:04 static/image/common/back.gif

I kind of agree that it is a slippery slope by allowing the agencies to speak their mind here.  However, I still wish we can see their feedback so we know what type of person they are.  Again, I am saying this because I am not the Admin who has to do a lot more work to keep everything in balance.

Anyway, thanks DD for setting up the poll.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-3-1 14:54:01 | 显示全部楼层
龍哥搞嘅投票,小弟梗要支持la :lol
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-3-1 14:58:08 | 显示全部楼层

RE: Should Keepers be allowed to participate constructively in Forum Reviews?

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-3-1 15:02:23 | 显示全部楼层
lotusau88 发表于 2013-3-1 14:54 static/image/common/back.gif
龍哥搞嘅投票,小弟梗要支持la

仲係 "處POLL" 嚟咖!  ;P
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-3-1 15:04:47 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2013-3-1 08:04 static/image/common/back.gif

This must be much better than "what the heck" ! :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XEaeOxqy_4

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-3-1 15:04:53 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2013-3-1 15:02 static/image/common/back.gif
仲係 "處POLL" 嚟咖!

吓,咁痛唔痛?:lol
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-5-14 11:45 , Processed in 0.096294 second(s), 16 queries .