AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 6760|回复: 31

should I continue to share reviews?

关闭 [复制链接]
发表于 2013-1-25 02:33:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I've been getting a lot of messages asking me which MMs are good. Some bros even call my phone to ask my recommendation which is really too much. The phone# is not intended to be there as an advice hotline.

Anyways, many bros have asked me to do the visual reports again as I have in the past. However, I stopped doing it mainly because it became a thankless task, and some bros whom I trust and respect the opinion of, advised me to stop giving them.

To me, I always envisioned visual reports as a mutually beneficial situation for all parties involved (this forum, wolves, keepers, MMs). The benefit for the forum is to generate more content, the wolves gets more info, keepers & MMs get free promotion. Also, keepers can choose to only show me the MMs he has confidence in. Ideally, everybody would win.

Instead, what happened was, keepers (not talking about them all, but some are really unreasonable) ironically want me to help promote their MMs but at the same time act like they are doing me a favor by "letting me" see their MMs. There have also been cases where I strongly suspect the keeper bait-and-switched a MM which I gave a good review with an inferior MM. At the same time, some wolves are very quick to complain or criticize when my judgement differs from theirs. Lastly, haters and enemies (not going to mention names, but if you know who then good, if you don't then its not important so don't ask) will use it as opportunity to make all kinds of attacks and accusations.

So there you have it. Impossible to please everybody, and even just trying to please the majority is still difficult. When I wrote visual (and actual) reports, people attack and criticize. Now that I stopped, my inbox/email/QQ is full of inquiries.

Bros, please share your collective wisdom and tell me what you want me to do.

~~~~~~~~

By the way, my belated hunting report which summarizes my Hong Kong trip last year has finally been completed and posted in the 交流 & 廣告 (中/港/台/日/韩) section. Feel free to have a look, and also contribute your own hunting experiences in the East Asian region.

~~~~~~~~

Lastly, I'm quite busy with work and personal life these days so I may not check in here everyday. If I am late in replying your messages, please do not take offence, I don't mean any disrespect.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-25 02:44:32 | 显示全部楼层
thx,ben bro, I think u should insist some keepers to use unpsed pictures ,  and indicate real stats of the mm on their websites, also I think we should have some sort of incentives for brothers who toftt, there have been too many reviews on particular mm and not enough or zero review on other mm
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-1-25 03:11:35 | 显示全部楼层
superman2005 发表于 2013-1-25 02:44 static/image/common/back.gif
thx,ben bro, I think u should insist some keepers to use unpsed pictures ,  and indicate real stats ...

Thanks for the input.

Fake pics and PSed pics are hard to eliminate because almost all garages use either fake or PSed pics. If we ban, we will have to ban almost all of them. Also, the rule is hard to enforce. However, I have no problem with bros voicing out to warn other bros when they find out if a pic is fake.

Real stat is same problem as fake pics. Almost impossible to enforce. For sure keepers will not let me visit all their MMs to inspect, nor do i have the time to do that.

Incentive for TOFFT is good idea, but what incentive do u have in mind? Also, if there is an incentive, how do we prevent unscrupulous bros from making up a fake review just to get the incentive?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-25 03:16:27 | 显示全部楼层
Ben2009 发表于 2013-1-25 03:11 static/image/common/back.gif
Thanks for the input.

Fake pics and PSed pics are hard to eliminate because almost all garages u ...

We can ask the keepers to give promotion to those bros who toftt, I think the keep will cooperate , since it will help to improve the popularity of new mm. The bro who toftt will indicate that he saw the ad on this site to the mm, and we can varify with the keeper if  the review is legit. Then the bro will receive some sort of incentives from the keeper the next time he visit the garage
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-25 09:23:41 | 显示全部楼层
BenGor don't stop your visual report. I, myself like it very much. Your visual report won't detour the judgement of astute brothers but, a referece only.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-25 09:46:26 | 显示全部楼层
Ben-gor stops his visual & I am un-employed as his light-man.  
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-25 10:00:40 | 显示全部楼层
BenGor. I read thro your trip experience in HK/China/Macau. Beautiful. I will do that in my next trip to HKG when alone. Waiting 7Gor's review.....
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-25 10:04:31 | 显示全部楼层
BenGor. Could you make such reviews, HK & Macau trip, in a special column or title. That would give brother a easy way to revise before the trip?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-25 11:31:28 | 显示全部楼层
At least pictures taken by BenGor is not PS or ...........
But its too much work and time involved.
May be Dragon Gor/Dr. Siu(retiree) can share some of the burden?
How hard is to take a picture with those digital cameras anyways?
And at the same time they can do some scounting/test drive if necessary
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-1-25 11:33:16 | 显示全部楼层
At least pictures taken by BenGor is not PS or ...........
But its too much work and time involved.
May be Dragon Gor/Dr. Siu(retiree) can share some of the burden?
How hard is to take a picture with those digital cameras anyways?
And at the same time they can do some scounting/test drive if necessary
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-18 19:45 , Processed in 0.047404 second(s), 17 queries .