AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2020 F-1 SEASON

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2020-8-8 11:57:36 | 显示全部楼层
I forgot about the qualifying session for the Hungary F-1 GP completely, and must visit F-1's webpage for details.

Anyway,  Bottas out qualified Hamilton by .07".  The problem with Bottas is that despite posting the fast qualifying times, he was never able to take advantage of the starting position and win the race from start to finsish, may be stamina and prolonged concentration are his weakness.

3rd was Hulkenberg who was hired temporarily to replace Sergio Perez who was tested positive with Covid-19.  This was impressive considering he is a  hired gun and is unfamiliar with everything which the team can offer.

I will remember to watch the race tomorrow.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2020-8-8 18:28:34 | 显示全部楼层
Here are the highlights of the Qualifying Sessions:

https://www.formula1.com/en/late ... zLzw8Nk0uAx4H0.html

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2020-8-9 09:46:00 | 显示全部楼层
I will start by saying that I made a grave mistake.  The Covid-19 turned the racing schedule upside down, and I thought the race will move on to another venue, after previous week's British F-! GP.  However, it stayed one more week in UK!

My apologies to all 747 racing fans.

Back to the 2nd 2020 British F-1 GP.  

The race was won by tire management - Red Bull's Max!

Max used Firm tires, while MB stayed with Medium which gave them trouble last week.  Max won handily because Firm outlasted the closest competitors, the MBs.

What I don't understand is that despite the problems exhibited by Medium, MB gave Medium the confidence vote, and of course gave away the race!  

Aside from drama created by tire issue, it was not a very exciting race because MBs were clearly faster than all others, while the Ferraris are now relegated into an "also run league" .

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2020-8-9 17:50:15 | 显示全部楼层
Highlights of the 2nd British F-1 GP:

https://www.formula1.com/en/late ... 3CeFPorDrfjzg8.html

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2020-8-15 09:09:20 | 显示全部楼层
The Qualifying Session of 2020 Spanish F-1 GP has just finished.

No surprises with Hamilton & Bottas securing pole and 2nd pole position, Max was third fastest.

There will be live TV coverage of the race tomorrow at 0900.  Check your local listings.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2020-8-16 09:57:58 | 显示全部楼层
The 2020 Spanish Formula-1 GP has just concluded.  I would say 2020 will be a boring year for the fans because MB is in a league of its own.  No other teams can come close.

Hamilton from start to finish.

Bottas' start was terrible, it happened about 150M from the start.  I suspect he changed gear too early and lost two positions!  He fought back to 3rd and that was it, he cannot get any closer to Max to catch his attention.

Max was second = a well driven and deserved one.

So, Hamilton will pull away in the Drivers Championship points.  No contest in 2020-la!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-8-26 14:38:56 | 显示全部楼层
Flavio Briatore hospitalized after having tested positive for COVID-19
https://www.motorlat.com/notas/f ... vjEnWUIfhJHX8sLllQQ
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2020-8-29 09:07:24 | 显示全部楼层
The 2020 Belgium F-1 GP will be held tomorrow.  The Qualifying Session has just completed with Hamilton securing the pole with more than 0.5" ahead of team mate - Bottas.  Max was third fastest.

Both Ferraris didn't make it to the top 10.

Looks like, the race tomorrow will be a repeat of previous races!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2020-8-29 17:57:09 | 显示全部楼层
HIGHLIGHTS OF 2020's BELGIAN F-1 GP QUALIFYING SESSIONS:

https://www.formula1.com/en/late ... XgP5rKeFRozspV.html

Just in case that you are not familiar with F-1's qualifying session formats  .....
1.  Qualifying times decides the starting position of the Race.
2.  Qualifying is divided into 3 Sessions:
a.  All car must participate in Session 1, however, only 20 faster cars will remain for Session 2.
b.  After Session 2, 10 faster cars will remain.
c.  Timing in Session 3 will decide the final starting position of the Race.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2020-8-30 09:45:19 | 显示全部楼层
The 2020 Belgian F-1 GP has just finished.

It was not even a race because it ended just like the Qualifying Session:  Hamilton, Bottas, then Max and Ricciardo.

The saddest thing was Ferrari was not even faster than Team which bought Ferrari engines.  Something must be wrong with the cars' setup or aerodynamics.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 05:14 , Processed in 0.035770 second(s), 11 queries .