AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2019's WOMEN'S WORLD CUP SOCCER

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2019-6-12 04:13:26 | 显示全部楼层
I was right on re Thailand being the weakest team in 2019's WWCS.  USA blanked Thailand with 13 - 0 according to newspaper report, I did not watch the 2nd half.

Anyway, it was NOT that USA being the strongest team (we don't know yet which team in 2019 is stronger), it was simply Thailand was too week.

May be Thailand knew that they cannot match USA and sat their first line players for the next two  games, which will  make a lot of sense.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-12 19:11:26 | 显示全部楼层
China will meet South Africa tomorrow at 1500.  

China should beat SA, then set up a showdown with Spain.  China cannot lose to SA, or any hope of playing in the final 16 is over.  

After beating SA, China must also beat Spain.  If China beats SA then draws with Spain, then goal difference will decide the fate of both teams.

I do NOT see any team as a favourite to win the Championship so far.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-13 04:15:34 | 显示全部楼层
Before the final 16 teams are known, I will make an early prediction.  I think the final is between Germany and USA, with USA having a slight edge. I also hope that these two team do not meet in the final 8 or final 4.

China is only a dark horse, good for final 8
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-13 17:54:29 | 显示全部楼层
Watch the game between China and South Africa which played quite well in the 2nd half of the game.

I don't know what was wrong with the Chinese team, it lacked scoring prowess.  I gave the Chinese team high hopes based on its WWCS warm-up and U-16 torunament matches (2 yrs ago).  Right now, it has less than 50/50 chance to become one of the last 16.

Spain beat SA 3-1, while China beat SA 1-0.  So, China MUST beat Spain to advance, even a draw will have China eliminated due to goal difference!  :-(

Under normal circumstance, China should and can beat Spain, but based on the two games which China played, I am not so sure now.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-15 15:02:29 | 显示全部楼层
It is half time in the game between Canada and NZ.

Canada had 80% possession of ball with only two (yes 2) shots on goal.  This is a clear indication has NO scoring power.  How can sports writer even tip Canada as a contender?  C'mon, give me a break!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-15 16:07:37 | 显示全部楼层
Canada beat NZ by 2 - 0.

Canada's next game is against Netherlands on Thursday for Group win.  However, I see no chance of Canada beating Holland for Group leadership.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-15 16:15:15 | 显示全部楼层
Tomorrow (SUN) at 1200 is the game between USA and Chile.

Chile is not Thailand.  So, we should be able to see whether USA is really good or just a "make believe".
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-16 14:24:10 | 显示全部楼层
USA beat Chile 3 - 0, but I missed the game because my kids (grown-ups now) treated me with a Father's Day lunch when the game was in progress.

Anyway, I wish to take this opportunity to talk about pay equality movement started by USWNS which might affect the future of the sport.

US Women National Soccer Team filed a law suit against USA's Soccer governing body a few months back re pay inequality between the men's and women's team despite NWS performed better than men.....

What these women soccer players don't understand is that who actually pays the athletes:
1.  Advertisers and sponsors.  If the sport has a lot of spectators, advertisers and sponsors will also be willing to spend the money to get brand exposure.
USNWS has only "2 or 3 small cats (小貓兩三隻)" spectators, of course advertisers and sponsors are not willing to invest/throw away their money.
2. Revenue from Paid Spectators.  Identical to "1" above.

If the Governing Body agrees to these women players' demands, for sure it will go bankrupt simply because there is not enough money from the sport of Women Soccer.

It is a matter of common sense which the women soccer players lack right now.

If they want equal pay, then they should play the "equal game", i.e. play in the men's league, and see how they do.  If the women soccer players can beat all-male teams, then of course they deserve the same salary or better.

Have you heard of male hockey players demanding same salary as male baseball or basketball players?

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-17 03:42:53 | 显示全部楼层
Today's match at 1200 is the pivotal game between China and Spain.

China must win to advance into the final 16, Spain can draw to advance.

This is "Make or break" for China today!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-17 13:54:28 | 显示全部楼层
I never got the chance to watch the China Vs Spain game as the Channel reserved to WWCS was given to Raptors for their victory parade.

According to news report, it was a 0 - 0 draw.  Germany and Spain advance into the final 16, China would have to wait for goal differential to see if it could make it to the 2 consolations seat of the final 16.

We should know by this time of tomorrow.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-29 00:22 , Processed in 0.034397 second(s), 11 queries .