AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 7546|回复: 54

2019's WOMEN'S WORLD CUP SOCCER

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-6-7 16:32:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Time flies. 4 years ago, I commented that the Chinese Women's soccer will be a force to be reckoned with in 2019's Championsip.  (Please read my #69 of 2015's Championship)

The time is now upon us.  The Group play has started today.  Chinese women's first game is against Germany tomorrow.  Watch it, if there is live TV coverage!

I stand by my 2015's opinion that Chinese Women's soccer will do very well in 2019.

First thing first, the team MUST advance out of Group play first.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-7 16:36:51 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-7 16:59:51 | 显示全部楼层
Germany's Women soccer is tipped to be a contender, so China's game against Germany tomorrow will give us some indication of China's women soccer strength!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-8 08:59:59 | 显示全部楼层
It is half-time between China and Germany.

Germany, according to sports reporters, is one of the favourites to win the Championship.  Germany had more ball control time, BUT not menacing.  China, surprising was not even considered a dark horse (1) of the Championship.  However, China had MUCH better chance of scoring, with one hitting the post!  With a little bit of luck, China could have scored twice.

(1) Coming back to dark horse of the Championship, sports reporters gave it to France, the host country which I totally disagree.  Their comments re China were biased, especially CNN reporters.  I hope China could meet Canada someday in this Championship, and beat the crap out of Canada!

2nd Half will start soon.  Channel 30 in my area!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-8 10:58:44 | 显示全部楼层
China lost 0 -1 to Germany due to defense error.

For no reason at all, a Chinese defender kicked the ball passed on by a team mate which awarded a corner kick to Germany, the result was a goal as the goalie's view was blocked by too many player in front of her when the ball approached, although the it was a good kick for the goal by a young German player.

Anyway, no shame for the loss.  Chinese players had more stamina than Germans in the 2nd half.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-9 17:57:49 | 显示全部楼层
Sports news reporters tipped USA, Germany, Japan and England as favourites to win 2019's WWSC.  So far, I have watched Germany and England's play - not impressed.  I watched Japan in warm up matches, also not impressed, so, I must watch USA now.

If USA performs like the other "favourites" and if China can enter into the final 16, China has just as much chance of winning the Championship!

If USA is one of the finalis, it will not be as lucky as some 20 years when it was held in LA, and the
referee was so biased for fear of annoying the host country that she allowed USA's golaie to move forward close to 6 yds to block China's penalty kick, which in my opinion, should be given a yellow card and ordered the penalty kick to be re-taken.

Due to the referee's in-action, USA beat China that year via penalty kick, otherwise history will be re-written!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-10 12:57:47 | 显示全部楼层
Just finished watching the game between Japan and Argentina.

The 1st Half was basically 一場悶戰.

In the 2nd Half, Japan started to demonstrate their ball control and began tightening the screws, but no goal.

Final score  0 - 0.

I have not seen a potential championship winner yet!

As long as China can get out of the Group play, China's has better-than-average chance of going all the way.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-10 13:11:41 | 显示全部楼层
The next game of the day is between Canada and Cameroon.

I expect Canada to win by 3 -0.  Anything less is a disappointment.  Let us wait and see.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-10 15:53:39 | 显示全部楼层
Canada 1, Cameroon - 0.

Final score does not represent both teams' play.  It was a fast game, Canada played much better than I expected.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-6-11 14:55:09 | 显示全部楼层
USA Vs Thailand is at half time interval right now.

Thailand has to be the weakest team among the 24 teams.  They played like a bunch of primary school kids, didn't even have the leg power to kick the across half the field.  

USA led by 3 - 0 at half time.

I am not watching the rest of the game.  It is a complete waste of time.

Even against such a weak team, USA was not impressive at all.  Of the three goals, 2 were Thai goalie error, one was a good shot, that's it.  
So far, not a single favourite team performed well.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-28 23:40 , Processed in 0.039858 second(s), 13 queries .