AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 1991|回复: 4

Green efforts from Amazon US

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-3-1 04:05:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Not only it is green, it also saves Amazon some mighty money in so doing.  Consolidating deliveries for the week of PRIME US customers.

Amazon launches weekly Prime delivery option
Feb. 28, 2019 9:23 AM ET|About: Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN)|By: Brandy Betz, SA News Editor
Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) launches Amazon Day, a new Prime delivery option that lets members choose a day of the week to receive their deliveries.

Amazon will hold back orders and ship items together to arrive on that day, which the company says improves the predictability of deliveries while cutting back on shipping material waste.

Prime members can opt-in by selecting the Amazon Day option during checkout and then choosing the day. Members can still choose faster shipping for other orders.

Amazon Day rolls out to all U.S. Prime members starting today.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-3-8 10:57:23 | 显示全部楼层
Just got one delivery from Amazon.

Their APP actually told me HOW MANY STOPS the truck (Amazon Prime logo) will be at my house.
Sure enough, just like the Lyft or Uber APP, it showed the truck location and I went out to greet the driver to pick up the package.
Bet you that they batch all the delivery in my area as much as possible to drop off.  Their delivery route will probably optimize to have NO LEFT TURN and most efficient route to drop off,  in no time they already had 10 drop offs.
As I am aa cheapo not to pay for shipping, my package was not SHIPPED for 6 business days until TODAY (last day that they promised), so it was definitely batched, whereas the ones with Amazon Prime membership probably will need to be dropped off when the 2 days are up.

Well UPS, be warned you are in trouble, and so is my UPS stock, sell sell sell.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-3-8 23:52:31 | 显示全部楼层
I guess their Drone delivery plan didn't quite work out hmm ?

How do they gonna protect against thief/robbery/vandalism of the goods n bots anyhow ? o__o
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2019-3-10 16:22:10 | 显示全部楼层
bakaro 发表于 2019-3-8 23:52
I guess their Drone delivery plan didn't quite work out hmm ?

How do they gonna protect against thi ...

That APP showing how many stops coming HELPS if one is at home.

Also heard that they asked driver to take a picture of package  when dropped off.
Then this aggregating packages into ONE day also will help.
Also try to get you to use LOCKBOX at Wholefoods and Kohls in US will help.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-3-11 21:11:10 | 显示全部楼层
Short ur Fedex, UPS, DHL stocks naaoooo      
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-28 10:34 , Processed in 0.034048 second(s), 13 queries .