AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2018 WORLD CUP SOCCER

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2018-7-7 10:57:04 | 显示全部楼层
The game between England and Sweden has just ended.  It was a game to decide who will be in the semi finals, and yet it became a game to decide which team is worse.  

Anyway, England won by 2 -0, but I do not see England as a championship contender!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-7 15:56:05 | 显示全部楼层
Penalty kick put Croatia into the semi-finals.

Croatia played only slightly better than host country - Russia and advanced to meet England.

I think Croatia can beat England; but neither Croatia nor England can beat either France or Belgium.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-7-8 23:10:01 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2018-7-6 15:10
Oh my fucking God, Brazil lost to Belgium and now all the favourite teams are gone!

An "own goal" p ...

I support you on Croatia. But England is playing really well lately.
Croatia's defense better step up.
France might be too fast for Belgium.

Would it be awesome to see France vs England? They hated each other for the longest time.
Other than the match, their fans can have a fighting matches too! LOL
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-10 04:18:55 | 显示全部楼层
The semi-final match between France and Belgium today (JUL10) is worth watching more than JUL11's match between England and Croatia.  Both at 1400 hours, Toronto time.

The championship team should come out of the Franco-Belgium match and not the other matchup.

All the "bookies" will win big this year, as no one would have guessed the winning team could come from these 4.

Third place match is on JUL14 while the Final is on JUL15.

If you have a busy schedule and can only watch selectively, then pick today's match and the Final!

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-10 15:43:34 | 显示全部楼层
France is in the Final by beating Belgium 1 - 0 which was not a surprise.  However, Belgium had every opportunity to win but was not patronized by Lady Luck.

Since the other semi final teams are not that strong, France has a better chance of winning the championship.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-7-11 06:35:33 | 显示全部楼层
As a non soccer fan, just want to say my impression now of soccer is more like a Head Ball.
That has a better chance of getting past the goal keeper.  Air play (Head kick) vs Land play (kick).
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-11 07:26:15 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2018-7-11 06:35
As a non soccer fan, just want to say my impression now of soccer is more like a Head Ball.
That has ...

Just like military maneuver, you need control of the air before putting boots on the ground.

"Head ball" is only one way of scoring a goal, but more goals are scored by the feet!

There is also "own goal" which is like "friendly fire", you get killed regardless!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-7-11 07:30:05 | 显示全部楼层
Do not count the tie SHORT KICKs (five possible).
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-11 09:33:46 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2018-7-11 07:30
Do not count the tie SHORT KICKs (five possible).

Penalty kicks are taken in turns until total reaches 5 per side; when it is still a tie, then it will go to "sudden death" penalty kick to decide the winner.

There is a lot of luck involved in penalty kicks and whether the referee will enforce the penalty kick rules which stipulates that the goalie's feet must be on the ground until the ball is kicked, i.e. the goalie can move from the feet up but the feet must be firmly planted on the ground.

Soccer should be a game decided by skill/technique and stamina not by penalty kicks.   IF I were FIFA President, I would change the rules to:

1.  Each side to play with only 9 players during first half of extra play.
2.  Further remove 2 more players, total 7 per side, for the 2nd half of extra time.

The above will immediately open up the playing field and allow more goal scoring opportunities which will reduce chance for penalty kicks at the end of extra time.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-11 15:42:38 | 显示全部楼层
By beating England, the stage is now set for a showdown between France and Croatia.

Emotionally/sentimentally, the world probably wants to see a new world soccer champion.  Rationally, France's game has been more consistent, plus one more day's of rest.  So, the choice seems obvious, France is more likely to be the next World soccer Champ.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-26 04:55 , Processed in 0.039453 second(s), 11 queries .