AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 4115|回复: 26

2018 WORLD CUP SOCCER

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-6-17 12:06:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I will start a new thread for the above topic for all soccer fans here.

Usually I do not watch the games until the last 16, because the teams are still in the Group play stage.

Just now, being Father's Day, while wating for kids to show up, I watched the game between Germany and Mexico.  Mexico played well enough to beat Gemany by 1 - 0.  Germany was a little unlucky, a draw might be more reasonable.

Will be watching more when the final 16 teams are decided.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-6-17 15:10:53 | 显示全部楼层
Just finished watching the Brazil Vs Switzerland game.  Well, well, well, Switzerland played well in 2014 and they played even better in 2018!

Swiss was one goal down, they battled back to draw even albeit a little "dirty".

The world soccer landscape has changed!  
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-6-29 06:48:13 | 显示全部楼层
As of tomorrow, 2018's World Cup Soccer is entering the knock-out stage.

With Germany gone, Argentina played like a minor league team, and no other brilliant teams in sight, confusion rules.

I will place my bets on Brazil, Spain, and Croatia.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-6-30 11:10:23 | 显示全部楼层
The first game of the Final 16 was between France and Argentina.

Argentina played much better than Group play, BUT not good enough as the French was younger and faster.  4-3 was a more than fair result for Argentina.

Refereeing was not up to par and he almost lost control of the game in the final few minutes!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-6-30 15:31:50 | 显示全部楼层
In the 2nd match of the Final 16, Portugal got knocked out by Uraguay which was what I expected.

One thing which stood out Vs the preliminary group play, all teams played better than before.  They also played attacking football unlike the year when Spain won the World Cup, it was all defensive play which was boring.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-2 04:25:44 | 显示全部楼层
While we are watching 2018's FIFA World Cup now, let us look at Brazil's future in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZvqAGcDwEs

He is awesome for his age of 12!  4 years from now, he will be 16, the same age Pelle played his first World Cup!  

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-3 03:38:18 | 显示全部楼层
Brazil beat Mexico yesterday, which should be considered as the best game of the Championship so far.  I hope 2018's Final is as good as this match.

Mexico was unlucky to meet Brazil immediately after group play.  Actually Mexico deserved to be in the Final Four.

One negative comment about Mexico was when one goal down and time was beginning to run out, dirty play started to appear.  Case in point is Mexico's #7, intentionally stepped on Neymar's shin when he was outside the pitch and on the ground.  That should be given a red card but got away with NO penaltiy!

Brasil played like a Champion too, and looks like set for the final berth.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-7-4 11:15:22 | 显示全部楼层
Any thoughts on brazil vs belgium game?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-4 11:36:26 | 显示全部楼层
Jdmode 发表于 2018-7-4 11:15
Any thoughts on brazil vs belgium game?

Belgium shouldn't even be in the final 8.  Belgium's advancement stops right there!

I forecast the final between Brazil and Croatia.  
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-7-6 15:10:04 | 显示全部楼层
Oh my fucking God, Brazil lost to Belgium and now all the favourite teams are gone!

An "own goal" put Belgium ahead, then a a superb shot gave Belgium a 2-goal lead.

Brazil fought back to 1 - 2 and in the dying minutes, a beautiful shot by Neymar was saved by Belgium goalie's fingers which sealed Brazil's fate.

I must give credit to Belgium for their fast counter-attack which resulted in the 2nd goal.

My hope is now pinned on Croatia to save my reputation!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-25 14:43 , Processed in 0.037396 second(s), 13 queries .