AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2018 FORMULA 1 CHAMPIONSHIP

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2018-4-5 18:04:06 | 显示全部楼层
If both the two leading teams threaten to quit F1 if budget cap and engine change rules  are introduced, the F1 bosses will listen.

The 2018 Bahrain F-1 GP is this coming SUN.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-7 12:20:33 | 显示全部楼层
Official Qualifying results are in.  2 Ferraris on the front row, MB finished 3rd & 4th, but Hamilton will be demoted due to unscheduled gear box change which I posted but deleted by Mr. Adm!

(For Mr. Adm,

I disagree with deleting my post re Hamilton's penalty due to unscheduled  gear box change as it was an important reason for his position demotion and must be explained!)
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-8 05:51:02 | 显示全部楼层
The Bahrain F-1 GP will start at 1100 Toronto time, there will be live telecast, but check your local TV listings.

There are 2 interesting developments so far:

1.  Based on Hamilton's failure to retake the lead at Australian GP (air turbulence was a factor), and Bahrain's Qualifying result in which Ferrari was 0.5" faster than the best MB driven by Bottas (Hamilton was only 4th), Ferrari is just as fast, or even faster than MB!

Ferrari may not be MB's bridesmaid in 2018!

2.  Team Red Bull still plays a spoiler role, nothing more.  
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-8 11:55:08 | 显示全部楼层
The Bahrain F-1 GP has just finished and what a race!

It was Vettel, Bottas, then Hamilton.  The result was NOT certain until the final stretch of the final lap, and Vettel prevailed!

Team Red Bull cars were out just after Lap1 as both cars had puntures.

Kimi of Ferrari bowed out due to pit accident.

Hamilton crawled all the way from starting 10th to 3rd at the end.

This was the most exciting race in a long time!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-8 19:30:00 | 显示全部楼层
HIGHLIGHTS OF BAHRAIN F-1 GP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIm2cqy7-AI

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-9 11:23:58 | 显示全部楼层
Next F-1 stop is Shanghai on this coming SUN!

It is a must-win situation for MB's Hamilton, or it will be uphill all the way until then season ends.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-14 04:36:30 | 显示全部楼层
The China F-1 Qualifying Result are as follows:

1st Row.  Vettel, Kimmi.  All Ferrari
2nd Row.  Bottas, Hamilton.  All MB
3rd Row.  Max, Riciardo.  All Red Bull.

For the 2nd time, 2 Ferraris are faster than the MBs in qualifying.  This is NOT a coincidence, Ferrari managed to squeeze some more power and out-qualified the MBs.

If Kimmi can be faster than both MBs, then it is no fluke!

Max is still the faster Red Bull driver.  He is young and he is good but his driving is "abrasive".  He pushed other drivers around and expected them to five way to him, e.g. in Bahrain he touched wheels with Hamilton, punctured his tire and resulted in a DNF.

Max has to remember that in order to win, he must finish the race first.  His "take no prisoner" approach to winning will hurt his chances of becoming a good driver.  If and when he becomes the world's #1 driver, others might give way to him but NOT when he is still a young and only a promising up-and-coming young driver, just like all others!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-14 04:39:53 | 显示全部楼层
MB has to come up with some kind of power improvement to out perform the Ferraris.  If Vettel of Ferrari is allowed to win 2 more races while MB cannot provide an answer, it will be very difficult to catch up.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-14 07:22:39 | 显示全部楼层
There will be live telecast of the China F-1 GP, but the tie is 0200

Will you be crazy enough to get up and watch ?  That is your choice!  
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-15 03:19:44 | 显示全部楼层
I must be the only crazy one in 747 to stay awake all night to watch the China F-1 GP.

I will write some more after I get some sleep, meantime, results and observations:

1.  Red Bull came alive after Official Car, Daniel Ricciardo drove brilliantly andwon the race, followed by Bottas, then Kimi.
2.  As I said before Vettel is a bad team driver (you have to look into 2016 and 2017 for my comments), he squeezed Kimi (his team-mate) at the start to force him to lose a few place.  Kimmi was his "wingman", if he destroys his wingman, who is going to "protect" him during the race?
3.  And Just I reported a few posts earlier Max's driving was abrasive.  He had the speed (see "1" above), but when he tried to force his way past Vettel, they touched and both spun.  Race Officials decided to hand Max a 10" penalty.
Despite the spin, he finished 4th,  but the 10" penalty put him in 9th or 10th!
4.  Hamilton finished 4th after Max was pushed back due to 10" penalty.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-29 01:34 , Processed in 0.038259 second(s), 11 queries .