AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 1213|回复: 0

Dynamic Pricing is alive and well

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-11-24 04:36:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
100 years ago, FIXED price for merchandise was started from earlier haggling with no price sticker tradition.
One was to facilitate the transaction and one treated everyone the same as much as possible (therefore from time to time sales could give one a Discount).

Time are a changing now.

On the money CBC show, they showed 3 people at the same time using 3 laptops to book a room in the same hotel in NYC, they ALL show different prices ($700 plus in 6 star hotel).

They termed this as Dynamic Pricing or better term  PRICE DISCRIMINATION.
They did not even have impact of Cookies as those 3 laptops were NEVER used before on the same software (Expedia).  Or even more variation.

I noticed it myself using same laptop same software to book same flights for 3 times.  Initially, I got good discounted price for 2 times, then third time notice price went up.  Tried a different software, that software showed a LOWER price for exactly the same flight.  So cookies must be at play.  No more deals  from old software, haha.

We notice dynamic pricing all the time.  Price changes by the minute sometimes.
Case in point,  Uber surge pricing in NYC,  plane fare for the similar seats for different prices depending on when it was booked,   car rental prices changes every day.  (Luckily with Costco booking, one can booking 10 times for the same day and time and cancel all except one with the lowest price when it is time to pick up the rental).
Price difference on volume buying, special membership or relationship, day of month, holiday sales are ALWAYS there, we are not talking about that.
But different prices for same booking at the same time is alive and well,  dynamic pricing.
Any price that can cover cost, or even fixed costs will be profitable for any business for sure.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-28 12:36 , Processed in 0.039974 second(s), 13 queries .