AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 1231|回复: 0

Impact of Ontario Min wage increase to $15

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-6-7 07:10:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Now that Liberal government is doing the right thing ahead of US to increase the minimum wage.
It may create hardship for Asian restaurants and Supermarket cashiers. They will move to automation of the food ordering and payment processes.  So less people will be employed at higher wages, but outcome is making the industry more efficient.

Notice that a Chueng Fan place, tiny, only 12 small tables just started to use Ipad like tablet to order food to the kitchen, it may be connected to their cash register (already computerized).

I hate to ask and wait for the bill to pay.  Always request the bill right after ordering, before food arrived.
They kind of remember me well as I joke with the wait staff all the time.
If only they let us order on our phones and pay for via credit card, then they definitely can cut down the wait staff from 3 to 1, basically a dish runner from kitchen to table and clean the tables.

That $15 wage will definitely benefit the IT guys to make it happen.
Notice the Canadian Shopify based in Ottawa being used by Amazon shopping sites.  First read about it beginning of  2017.  Total missed the boat, now it doubled already from 40.

So end result is both business and SOME workers will be winners, and some will lose their jobs unfortunately.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-20 04:06 , Processed in 0.037874 second(s), 13 queries .