AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 2598|回复: 10

Thought on mm marketing strategy limited promotion

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-6-6 04:35:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Now that the bad guys caused most of the shop to avoid New clients.  So I am not talking about new client.

There are slow period (on average) of each day, think it is dinner hour.  And slow days during the week, think it is  Sunday (family day for friends and family, guys).

Was thinking of keeper can do some promotion during the happy hours or happy days.  But was told mm got tired with shorter time or more clients that they could not take it.  So that was out of the question.

But how about limited promotion,  say one promotion per day,  again we are talking about VIP or regular clients.   say 150 / hh for test run.  One could generate positive feedback, the other is a way to say thanks to vip FOR THEIR business , or kind of bonus.  I know when I find a gem,  will go back again and again till they are gone or retired.   Do not like to take a mine or not matched chemistry for 1 hr,  value for the money you may say.  Not saying the keeper was lying to you, but just pure chemistry.  You like A face, B body, then I may not, you know.  Very subjective.

The discount bus MegaBus and BOLT has $1 ticket for promotion if you book ahead REALLY early.  Airlines got cheap tickets if you book flight 3 months ahead vs the 2 weeks before.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-6 16:29:53 | 显示全部楼层
Won't work.

Its been tried before a couple years back when 747 tried to get keepers on board to do happy hour promotions. The idea was that it would balance customer flow between peak vs off hours, attract extra customers via promo price, and give shops additional promotion, in theory it was a win-win situation.

The problem is that most of us don't understand the street hustler mentality typical of keepers which is fundamentally different from regular legit business owners. So we customers often think of ideas which are great or based on sound business principles, but it flops when applied to garages.

They way keepers see things is very short-term. You can talk in theory about earning trust, building reputation, establishing customer loyalty, etc, and they will nod in agreement, but inside they think its all bullshit, they would rather do everything they can to make a sale right here right now.

To them, variable pricing adds unnecessary complications. With Chinese keepers who employ Korean MMs, often their communications is difficult, and so they prefer to keep everything as simple as possible. Not to mention some keepers being unscrupulous would advertise that they are doing happy hour promotions, but when customers call for it they will claim that the promo price quota has been filled already.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-6 17:24:47 | 显示全部楼层
Jason15 发表于 2017-6-6 16:29
Won't work.

Its been tried before a couple years back when 747 tried to get keepers on board to do ...

I meant one hh option per day.  First come first serve.
Not every session during happy hour.  Did not use happy hours as discussed by keepers.
Just as a way to test newly arrived mm.  So there is no match , then the money spent is not going to be ONE HR.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-6 19:04:18 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2017-6-6 17:24
I meant one hh option per day.  First come first serve.
Not every session during happy hour.  Did  ...

Knowing how keepers are, they will just advertise happy hour to get more calls but tell everyone that someone already got it before them. Don't expect them to actually honor the deal.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-6 23:20:59 | 显示全部楼层
Reason for the deal is test run of chemistry between you and mm for future business.   Not money loser.  Lower entry fee.
May extend time anyway.  Case in point.  First visit of yaya,. Got 45.  But I extended it.
Then repeat next day with min 60.  Happy camper.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-7 23:46:54 | 显示全部楼层
This market is for quick and simple cash transaction.
No need for complications.

It leads to arguments and shady clients trying to game the system. "Oh I thought is was happy hour, I didn't bring enough."
This will piss off MM and everyone. The MM flow to Toronto garage slows down. Everyone on 747 will complain why we don't have quality MM.

Don't mess with it if it ain't broken.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-8 01:45:44 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2017-6-6 23:20
Reason for the deal is test run of chemistry between you and mm for future business.   Not money los ...

Forget it man, you ain't listening. Read what the other bros told you again.

You are trying to apply regular business ideas to unconventional businesses (nice way of saying illegal operations). Doesn't work that way. You don't seem to be able to grasp the mind of a keeper so just forget about your ideas. Not saying they are bad ideas, but go apply them elsewhere on normal businesses instead.

Keep this in mind.

For keepers, the most important thing is the here&now. They want your business now, and they want to maximize profits right now. For all they know, tomorrow they might be arrested, have to flee the country, forced out of business, shot by an enemy, and so on. So they don't really care about future business. Give the choice between earning a dollar now vs earning 50cents plus customer goodwill ensuring steady stream of business down the road, they will prefer that full dollar now.

Maybe it won't make sense to you. You can argue its stupid. But that is just the way it is with asian keepers.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-8 04:35:46 | 显示全部楼层
asuran 发表于 2017-6-7 23:46
This market is for quick and simple cash transaction.
No need for complications.

Just one quick comment.

If it ain't broke, break it.   OR SOMEONE ELSE will.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-8 13:19:50 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2017-6-8 04:35
Just one quick comment.

If it ain't broke, break it.   OR SOMEONE ELSE will.

It won't be broken for at least a few more years.

I do foresee the rates to be upping soon.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-8 13:54:31 | 显示全部楼层
asuran 发表于 2017-6-8 13:19
It won't be broken for at least a few more years.

I do foresee the rates to be upping soon.

Already UP UP and Away.
D4U got 400 , 600.
Only MW and other major Korean shops keep rates low.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 09:59 , Processed in 0.038465 second(s), 13 queries .