AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 12046|回复: 58

North Korea problem

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-4-5 07:26:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Now if the summit succeeds, and N. Korea is going to be isolated by China and starved to chaos.  World could be happier and China not because of extra refugees flooding China.

But if US goes into war with N. Korea alone, hate to see the stock market reaction on this.
Stock market never likes uncertainty or war.  What could be the correction be?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-28 08:11:19 | 显示全部楼层

North Korea vs US standoff

There are two scenarios:

I.  If there is military conflict on the Korean Peninsula.

North Korea has been testing its missiles while ignoring USA's threats and China's "persuasions" + issuing identical threats to USA, and if it eventually leads to a military conflict, it is guaranteed that S. Korea will take the blunt of the action, followed by Japan.

Can Japan stay unscathed?  No way!  Japan's economy has not been very good in the last 10-15 years.  

There is one interesting observation, why is THAAD not stationed in Japan, for sure Japan meant more to USA than S. Korea?  May be, Japan talked USA into "let the Koreans die first".

Mind you, THAAD is designed for High Altitude missile (inter-continental ballistic missiles) and not for low-flying, short range and midium range missiles or bomber attacks, Japan is a better location choice than S. Korea.

II.  No War BUT THAAD stays in South Korea.

A.  Do you still remember the Cuba Missile Crisis during the Kennedy presidency?  This is exactly the same situation but this time it is USA placing an anti-missile system in South Korea, claiming to protect S. Korea and Japan, but in fact threatenting the security of China and Russia.  Why?

This is a classical example of American bully tactics in world politics.

1.  The System is under the control of US military (South Korean Government has no say in it), there is no guarantee that this cannot be switched to an offensive system (I am sure that it can!).  Its effective range covers sensitive areas of China, including Beijing and East Asian portion of Russia. Since Lotte surrendered the land to the Korean Government where THAAD will be positioned, not to mention the close proximity since it is in South Korea, China has expressed its utmost displeasure, while the general Chinese public also supported the Government by not visiting S. Korea for sightseeing and bycotting Lotte supermarkets and department stores in various Chinese cities.
Lotte plays a significant role in S. Korean economy, and since the CEO is facing bribery and corruption charges, Lotte is in a shit hole, to put it mildly.

2.  Hanjin (check spelling) - the South Korean shipping conglomerate which dominates world shipping of merchandise, has filed for bankruptcy.  The Korean economy will take another hard hit.

The other scenario:
China's economy is healthy despite US media's intention to down play it

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-28 08:24:31 | 显示全部楼层
sounds good! waiting for that moment.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-28 08:30:57 | 显示全部楼层
This is not heavy:  He ain't heavy , he is my brother.

My main concern is the STOCK MARKET.
Trump opened his loud mouth last night.  If China diplomatic solution is not forthcoming,  US is going to decapitate N Koran Kim in no time, rest of Army may feel relieved with the crazy SOB and no more execution whenever he feels like it.
But definitely market will be very volatile until the action is finished.
Then Korean will have a big pool of happy people and getting a better life for a change.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-28 08:51:23 | 显示全部楼层
习大大或许有那智慧搞定Trump这位地产流氓,习最了解地产商。小胖在今年会被暗杀,南北韩统一,中韩关系又回到历史轨道
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-28 08:53:57 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2017-4-28 08:30
This is not heavy:  He ain't heavy , he is my brother.

My main concern is the STOCK MARKET.

Re This is not heavy:  He ain't heavy , he is my brother.

Correction:  He ain't heavy , his little dragon is!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-28 08:58:44 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2017-4-28 08:53
Re This is not heavy:  He ain't heavy , he is my brother.

Correction:  He ain't heavy , his littl ...

That is lyrics in the song.

Copyright, cannot be mutilated.  Go create your own song.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-28 12:27:38 | 显示全部楼层
放心吧,川普不会打的。做生意最看重的是成本和收益。利字当头
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-28 13:10:57 | 显示全部楼层
Gin007 发表于 2017-4-28 12:27
放心吧,川普不会打的。做生意最看重的是成本和收益。利字当头

Trump already got a lot of money with the tax plan proposed.  No estate tax, his kids will gain big time once he is dead.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-4-28 19:41:47 | 显示全部楼层
不影响大家开心就好
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-28 04:13 , Processed in 0.037101 second(s), 13 queries .