[复制链接]
发表于 2017-3-2 23:24:51 | 显示全部楼层
Is the pic legit or still fake photo?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-3-3 03:51:26 | 显示全部楼层
lemonhead 发表于 2017-3-2 23:24
Is the pic legit or still fake photo?

On their website there's a disclaimer that says: Pictures are for reference purpose only which accurately depicts how she looks in real life. 图片仅供参考,准确描述她在现实生活中的样子。

I guess you can't really say its fake since they already declared that its not the actual girl. Then again, the font used is so tiny that most people will miss it, so there's definitely an intention to deceive.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-3-3 08:23:30 | 显示全部楼层
TheRock 发表于 2017-3-3 03:51
On their website there's a disclaimer that says: Pictures are for reference purpose only which acc ...

Well then, it's a bait & switch shop no matter how you look at it. I thought the industry have moved away from the old days when the picture looks nothing like the girl. Going back to those days would be regress, not progress.

Having said that, I've seen Yo Yo when she was at PG, and I can vouch for her innocent and youthful looks.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-3-3 09:12:02 | 显示全部楼层
Apoc 发表于 2017-3-3 08:23
Well then, it's a bait & switch shop no matter how you look at it. I thought the industry have mov ...

华人店主一般思维僵化,片一个是一个,做到没口碑为止,很短视的商业行为。直觉白人店好很多
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-3-3 18:18:05 | 显示全部楼层
Well then, it's a bait & switch shop no matter how you look at it. I thought the industry have mov ...

Well its a bit too harsh to say "it's a bait & switch shop no matter". They did have a disclaimer. To be fair, even major corporations like Best Buy does the same thing in their flyers, the fine print says the picture of the computer shown isn't the one on sale.

On the other the hand, the deliberately small fine print is kind of sneaky. I would advise the shop to make the disclaimer more visible, otherwise its a time bomb ready to erupt. People are eventually gonna call out the "fake pics" and they will counter that they already made clear the pics are only "for reference" and people are gonna get mad on both sides.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-3-3 18:23:55 | 显示全部楼层

If we look at the Asian segment of the industry, its clear that the industry has not progressed as you described. Apart from some of the major agencies who have, due to public pressure on our forum, progressed to using real pics (tho still heavily PSed in some cases), all the newer or smaller operations (those that advertise thru Backpage / Singtao / Wechat / and other sketchy review boards) still tend to use outrageously fake pics and ridiculously inaccurate descriptions.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-3-4 04:32:35 | 显示全部楼层
Good job bro! I just took a look at their website and it looks like they have noticed our discussion and made the correct decision to adjust their disclaimer to a reasonable font size. We should give them credit for having the right attitude and taking a step in the right direction.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-3-4 11:05:50 | 显示全部楼层
Jason15 发表于 2017-3-3 18:23
If we look at the Asian segment of the industry, its clear that the industry has not progressed as ...

That's why we as consumer should send a strong message to the newer and smaller operations that fake pics are not acceptable. If they want to do business in today's market, then they better get with the program.

That's why I only stick with major Asian agencies, MW, PG, BH, ASB. I just don't have time to go to any agencies that advertise fake pics, and when you get there, the girl looks nothing like the pics.

With Yo Yo though, I will make an exception.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-3-4 11:13:06 | 显示全部楼层
密码码 发表于 2017-3-3 09:12
华人店主一般思维僵化,片一个是一个,做到没口碑为止,很短视的商业行为。直觉白人店好很多 ...

Well, they better start thinking about their business model. Nowadays, thanks to the internet and review forum, if they continue to use the B&S model, it's gonna be 片一個, 失一個.

Hey, I wanted to ask you, what do you use to write Chinese? Is there an Apps that you can speak Cantonese into it, and it spits out the Chinese?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-3-4 17:57:08 | 显示全部楼层
Apoc 发表于 2017-3-4 11:05
That's why we as consumer should send a strong message to the newer and smaller operations that fa ...

I think the newer or smaller operations, namely the sketchy ones, choose to advertise on NON forum type media where there is no discussion that can take place specifically BECAUSE the consumer cannot send message or feedback. If the customer gets ripped off, he won't go back, but he can't warn other brothers either.

At this point in market evolution, there are still many more dumb wolves than sophisticated consumers like us. So keepers still decide that ripping off customers for an easy buck is more lucrative than doing building a strong brand reputation.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-27 09:32 , Processed in 0.035904 second(s), 11 queries .