找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 1351|回复: 2

THE FAMOUS LOST ROAD OF CHINA

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-1-6 03:42:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/as ... end-road/index.html
This is the famous 滇緬公路 which was built on treacherous mountains during the Sino-Japanese War, without the use of heavy equipment, and completed in record time.  This should be considered as the 8th Wonder of the World.

Without this road, China would not be able to get vital supplies from the outside world during the War, as all coastal provinces were occupied by Japan, and China would have collapsed.

This road plus the Fling Tigers, piloted by American volunteer pilots, flying over the Himalayas with supplies, saved China.

We should also not forget the Chinese drivers from all over the world, particularly from S.E. Asia, also played a significant role in keeping the supplies moving, don't forget at that time not too local Chinese knew how to drive cars, let alone heavy trucks. Of course, many trucks together with the drivers and precious cargo, also perished when they rolled off the mountains, and there were many!

To illustrate how much hardship China endured to get vital supplies flowing, 7 out of every 8 drums of gasoline were used by the truck carrying them, only one (1) would arrive the destination .

Let us not foget, this is a vital road work in Chinese history!

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-1-10 11:25:42 | 显示全部楼层
That road looks like Lombard St in SF.

I expect a really dangerous road similar to the two way cliff road to and from Yosemite Park in California Sierra mountain.   Was scared to drive the road then.  Or the one in Maui to Hanna too.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-1-10 13:48:07 | 显示全部楼层
babyme 发表于 2017-1-10 11:25
That road looks like Lombard St in SF.

I expect a really dangerous road similar to the two way clif ...

The other roads have NO comparison because 80 years, the twisted road linking China to the outside world, through the mountains were NOT paved, just dirt road.  Also don't forget, there was no air cover, the workers had to stop working when Japanese aircrafts was carrying out bombing missions to destroy the road.

Before launching the project, American engineers estimated that it would take a few years to complete which China cannot afford, so Generalismo Chiang Kai-shek threw in vast human power into the project and finished the road in just a few months .

I have previously uploaded a video (check it out) which is part of a complete series of Sino-Japanese War video, outlining the background and the hardship in completing this vital road project.

(I don't get my points for fucking around!   )
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 07:03 , Processed in 0.034384 second(s), 13 queries .