AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 2175|回复: 9

Subway track separation doors

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-12-19 06:33:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Canada and US is REALLY behind in infrastructure investment.

Case in point,  most Asia cities got subways with doors separating tracks and platform to provide safety to passengers and peace of mind for train drivers, as well as preventing suicides or accidents or people being pushed to track.

Just like Airports, high speed trains,  N. America is TOTALLY ignorant in this worthy investment.
They now become the THIRD WORLD countries in this respect.
With interest rate this low, if this is NOT the time to borrow,  then WHEN?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-19 08:06:21 | 显示全部楼层
Subway ridership in Asia probably doubles that in comparison to here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttz0iFjiTaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ulY7N3dZ9k

So savage!! If it's like this, yes it is needed for sure!

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-20 09:34:10 | 显示全部楼层
Platform doors installed upon to its needs, as well as financial concerns. Especially in such Countries whom have more grass root people. These people pushing themselves in their own walkway uncivilizedly. These people costing tax payers paying extra to protect their own life. Think of these kind of money, installation cost of platform doors, put into core education such as walk-in-manner. Don't you think it is more worthy?

In civilized Countries whom their people walking with patients & polite. Due to they'd received good early education. Their government never never have their mind that people will be dropped onto the subway track. Just haven't have this kind of thoughts...... Never.

Persuade, teach your son to fish rather than hand them fish.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-12-20 10:43:20 | 显示全部楼层
tchai 发表于 2016-12-20 09:34
Platform doors installed upon to its needs, as well as financial concerns. Especially in such Countr ...

Annual death on subway track is around 12 or more.  Nothing to do with civil manner.  Look at blood street bridge above DVP
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-20 17:40:55 | 显示全部楼层
babyme 发表于 2016-12-20 10:43
Annual death on subway track is around 12 or more.  Nothing to do with civil manner.  Look at bloo ...

You use DEATH to illustrate the needs for platform door installation?

OK, let's look into it (DEATH). There are two reasons of kills:
Accident: Stand too close to the edge of the platform. Or being pushed by someone's foul play. Both are manner issues. Perhaps, if this manner being taught in school & student listened. DEATH will be avoided.

Suicide: This person will die at any places any time. Not limited to subway tracks.

Hong Kong subway installed platform doors due to congestion & people start loosing their manner. In Hong Kong, railway between 深圳 and 紅磡 have no platform doors. Because there ain't rush issues. Therefore manner stay good always.

In general, white people are more acceptances to risk than any other races. That's why they explored Americas and Arctics. They're not afraid of high jump from cliffs or high-rise structures. High speed machine chases etc. Asian are more timid especially risking of life. With better civilized manner so to speak subway platform doors never come to their thoughts.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-21 01:44:03 | 显示全部楼层
tchai 发表于 2016-12-20 09:34
Platform doors installed upon to its needs, as well as financial concerns. Especially in such Countr ...

SIr,
are u tomsiu??
we miss you if u are. Long time no see
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-21 02:00:36 | 显示全部楼层
There are no remedy for STUPIDITY. Installing those doors are a waste of money. People will just behave stupider if they think there is something to protect them from harm.

Risk compensation is a theory which suggests that people typically adjust their behavior in response to the perceived level of risk, becoming more careful where they sense greater risk and less careful if they feel more protected.
Risk compensation - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_compensation
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-21 10:09:44 | 显示全部楼层
Adamsmith-moon 发表于 2016-12-21 01:44
SIr,
are u tomsiu??
we miss you if u are. Long time no see

Sir, I'm not tomsiu. What makes you think I'm him?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-21 10:19:40 | 显示全部楼层
錦衣夜淫 发表于 2016-12-21 02:00
There are no remedy for STUPIDITY. Installing those doors are a waste of money. People will just beh ...

well said and agree. 錦衣日夜淫

I sneak out 日淫 due to my wife have day job too. I can't do 夜淫 when she's home. I also dress 錦衣 during daytime at work. Chic judges dress code.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-21 18:24:17 | 显示全部楼层
tchai 发表于 2016-12-21 10:19
well said and agree. 錦衣日夜淫

I sneak out 日淫 due to my wife have day job too. I ca ...

who this lol
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 03:30 , Processed in 0.039675 second(s), 13 queries .