找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 2130|回复: 7

Best STEAKHOUSES in Toronto

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-12-15 04:04:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Jacobs

For the very best steaks in town, the award goes to Jacobs. Hands down. They have a wide selection of top quality steaks including A5 grade Kobe steak flown in from Japan. The environment is modern classy. Great for a special occasion, impressing a date, or just to enjoy a great steak. Word of caution, once you had steak here, there's no going back to regular steaks like Keg or Moxie because those will taste like shit in comparison.

Highly recommend their caesar salad which is prepared tableside with fresh ingrediants (none of that low grade supermarket dressing).

Address: 12 Brant Street. Downtown near the clubbing district.

If going by car the valet parking is $20. Otherwise you need to walk a block to find the nearest parking lot which is still around $10. So if you are bringing a date then don't ruin it for yourself by cheaping out on the $10 when you are going splurge upwards of 3 bills on a dinner for 2.
* $300 is an approximate budget including tax and tips for 2 steaks + drinks + appetizers + dessert.

Barberians

The award for Most Romantic Steakhouse goes to Barberians. Out of the select number of top rank steakhouses in Toronto, this one has the most intimate romantic atmosphere. Think of dim setting, candlelight, cozy setting, that sort of thing. This is the place you would bring a date if you want to seduce and charm your way into her pants that night.

Address: 7 Elm Street. Downtown near Eaton Centre.
Street parking outside of the restaurant is easy to find.

Harbour 60

For both great steaks and great seafood, this is the right place. The restaurant is very classy. You can ask to seat in the pantry where you will have a live show of all the cooking and excitement. Its like being on the set of Iron Chef. I recommend it if you are bringing a first date and you aren't the talkative type. For dessert, try the Flaming Alaska, its really popular with girls who like fancy desserts.

Address: 60 Harbour Street. Downtown right behind Air Canada Centre.

Hy's

If you are Cantonese you may laugh at the pronunciation of the name but this restaurant is not "hy" at all. The decor is grand with high ceilings, giant oil paintings, grand piano at the far end, and second story interior balcony (facing inside and looking down on the main dining room) tables. It almost feels like being in some kind of old european palace or mansion at least.

They have a lot of specialty steaks like steak wellington, steak neptune, steak gongozola, and so on. These are steaks that are prepared in a special way which is not available at most other steakhouses. I'd say this place is a must try if you love steak.

Address: 120 Adelaide Street. Downtown right near financial district.

Copa Cabana

This is not a regular steakhouse but I'll throw it in because its one of my favorites and I highly recommend it. First of all its not exactly an inexpensive meal but its not as pricey as the ones I mentioned above. Secondly of all-you-can-eat buffet. Copa Cabana is a Brazillian grill restaurant. There's a few other Brazillian grills in Toronto including one in Markham and even one out in Niagara Falls, but trust me, this one is the best in every way.

The way it works is there is an open salad bar which is self serve. At the same time there will be a constant flow of servers bringing out slabs of varieties of different steaks and grilled meats and sometimes seafood. Each diner has a card on their table, one side green the other side red. If you don't want any server to bother you, flip the card red side up. If you want them to bring you food, then flip the card green side up.

Apart from great food, the restaurant has a very lively exciting vibe. On weekends there are live bands, brazillian dancers, singers, etc. A special bonus of eating there is the feast for your eyes as well as your stomach. The waittresses there are all incredibly hot. It seems as though they only hire latino fashion models to work there.

Address: 150 Eglinton Avenue East.

Other honourable mentions located outside of the downtown core are:

Ruth Chris @ Mississauga Square One. Its a high end franchise with a long history and very good dependable quality.

Octagon @ Richmond Hill, south of Yonge-Hwy7. Has a bit of old fashioned rustic feel.

Peter's @ Markham, Hwy7-MarkhamRd. Similar to Barberien's, its a small restaurant with a intimate romantic atmosphere that is perfect for bringing a date.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-15 07:25:27 | 显示全部楼层
Sir,
You have my deepest respect for picking the Rich (matches your handle) and Famous class.

Only Steak house I tried was in NJ  Ruth's  , not that expensive, all I can afford.

I think I will go Vegan from now on.  
Save the bills for some other needy ladies.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-15 21:17:11 | 显示全部楼层
the cheaper steaks from jacobs and co are 100-200.. some of them are 800+
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-20 21:38:47 | 显示全部楼层
Best is relative. Although Jacobs streak is high quality, I enjoy kegs much better at fraction of the cost
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-1-12 19:00:16 | 显示全部楼层
Try out Zorro's
7171 Tobram Rd, Mississauga
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-5-6 23:15:28 | 显示全部楼层
I know this is a bit further, but I went to Treadwell’s Farm To Table Cuisine in Niagara on the Lake the other day and they had the best steak I ever had. So soft and flavorful
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-5-7 04:59:16 | 显示全部楼层
chimera 发表于 2017-5-6 23:15
I know this is a bit further, but I went to Treadwell’s Farm To Table Cuisine in Niagara on the Lak ...

I go to Costco to shop for steaks and use my FIVE FINGERS to satisfy my human need.

Sometimes, do not even need to go for expensive PRIME (USDA) steak, check for the MARBLE to get tender cut.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-5-9 07:03:31 | 显示全部楼层
I've never tried the steaks at Costco. How's the quality of meat and price compared to a higher end grocery store like Wholefoods?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-23 09:58 , Processed in 0.035555 second(s), 13 queries .