楼主: dragondick

2017's Formula 1

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2017-7-16 09:41:50 | 显示全部楼层
After the British GP, current Championship standings are as follows:

Vettel     177
Hamilton 176
Bottas     154

Given the tight Championship race and that Bottas is following closely behind, Vettel cannot afford to play dirty games any more by knocking his closest opponent - Hamilton, and himself out of the race and maintain the Championship lead.

From now on, we will see clean racing and who is really a better driver!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-7-26 21:11:40 | 显示全部楼层
The 2017 Hungarian GP is this weekend, here is the virtual circuit tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yj44ATHoYs

The next few F1 events will decide 2017's Championship because top 2 drivers are only one point apart, while the third place driver is not too far behind.  I hope that there is live telecast.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-7-29 08:05:22 | 显示全部楼层
The Official Qualifying of the Hungarian GP has just completed.

The 2 Ferraris will occupy the front row, while the 2 MBs will occupy the 2nd row.  

The Ferraris are faster and better set-up than MBs, so MBs will have 24 hours to put everything right to give Ferraris a fight.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-7-29 08:57:46 | 显示全部楼层
There will be live telecast at 0755.  0800 is the start of the race!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-7-29 18:45:29 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2017-7-29 08:05
The Official Qualifying of the Hungarian GP has just completed.

The 2 Ferraris will occupy the fron ...

I switched off my TV just a few seconds before Official Qualifying was closed and surprise, surprise, Max V of Red Bulls beat Hamilton to take the 4th spot.  Hamilton was relegated to 5th!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-7-30 08:47:00 | 显示全部楼层
The Hungarian GP has just finish.  Ferrari 1, 2; MB 3, 4.  

I am IMPRESSED with Team Red Bull's speed despite a 10" penalty.  Let's keep an eye on this team!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-7-31 08:17:33 | 显示全部楼层
Re Hungarian GP, one thing which earned my admiration is Lewis Hamilton's gentlemanly behaviour.

At past mid-point, Hamilton was in 4th, his team-mate Bottas was in third while the 2 Ferrari's were up front.  Hamilton talked to Team Manager and asked him to tell Bottas to let him through, as it was difficult to pass and he (Hamilton) might have a better chance of catching the Ferraris.

Manager agreed and gave him 5 laps to show his cards.  After 5 laps, Hamilton was very close but not enough to pass.  Manager granted another 5 laps.  Still cant do it.

On the final lap, Hamilton slowed down and return 3rd position to Bottas.  

Compare this with Vettel a few years (5 years?) back when he was with Red Bull.  

Vettel already clinched the championship but on that particular race, his team mate was in front.  Team Manager instructed both drivers to hold their positions which meant Vettel's team mate will have a chance to win that race.

However, while his Team Mate was cruising to save the engine and not paying attention to Vettel, Vettel overtook him.

This caused a lot of animosity among the the drivers and since Red Bull played favouritism,  the team mate decided to leave the team at the end of the season!

That is why, IMHO Hamilton is a better driver and a better person than Vettel!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-8-1 04:11:11 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2017-7-31 08:17
Re Hungarian GP, one thing which earned my admiration is Lewis Hamilton's gentlemanly behaviour.

At ...

This is the video of Hamilton's sportsmanship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEIAK5Ao8DQ

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-8-8 03:48:28 | 显示全部楼层
2017 TEAM LEADERS' TECHNOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES EXPLAINED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAVJBVMjImE

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2017-8-22 10:11:49 | 显示全部楼层
This weekend's F-1 Race will be held in Belgium.  

If my memory serves me well, Villeneuve - the famous Canadian F-1 driver was killed in Belgium about 30+ years ago.  He was involved in a on-track accident, but the track was so long and by the time medical staff reached the scene, Villeneuve was gone (Jacque Villeneuve was only a kid when his father got killed).

Anyway, here is the "circuit tour/guide":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Zrj8pfjjs

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-29 06:52 , Processed in 0.036688 second(s), 11 queries .