AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 4889|回复: 20

2016's Formula 1 Championship

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-11-22 08:49:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Don't know whether 747 has F-1 enthusiasts/followers, but I do since I was a teenager.

F-1 is the pinnacle of motor racing, cars are faster and lighter, leads in technological break throughs.  All the Indy Cars and NASCAR racing are ike child play when compare with F-1.

2017's Formula 1 Championship will be decided this weekend between 2 MB drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

Without a doubt, LH is definitely the better driver but rather unlucky, he had several races with mechanical issues which prompted sports writers to speculate that MB intentionally rigged it to give NR (A German driver of Finnish descent and his father was a one-time F1 Champion) the advantage.  

NR also pushed LH's, NR's team-mate) car out of the track in order to protect his lead.

While LH was leading in Malaysia with only a few laps to go, his brandnew engine blew up.  What luck ......................

Anyway, NR is in front in points right now.  So as long as finishes on the podium no matter whether LH wins the final race or not, the championship is his!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-11-23 05:26:52 | 显示全部楼层
I'm a big Lewis fan.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-11-27 11:34:17 | 显示全部楼层
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/27/mo ... mpion-f1/index.html

Nico Roseberg won 2016's F1 Championship by finishing 2nd behind Lewis Hamilton!

There was no live telecast on any of the TV channels, I learnt about it thru CNN's news.  

Was NR the best driver in F1 in 2016?  I don't think so, NR is the luckiest.  LH is the best, yet rather unlucky.  As the saying goes "Better be lucky than good".  
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-11-27 23:59:53 | 显示全部楼层
There's a saying in racing: To finish first, you must first finish.

LH is the better driver but unfortunately for LH, his car let him down on a few occasions.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-11-28 04:27:27 | 显示全部楼层
In my books, LH "dropped" 2 World Championships.

The first one was when he was a rookie and was with MaClaren.  He was leading in points and going into the last race, all he needed was to finish the race in the top 10 or something.  he led until the last few laps and crashed.  That was a rookie mistake!

The second one was of course this year.  When his engine blew in Malaysia when he was leading in the final stages of the race, that sealed his fate because NR won that race, and from then on even if LH won the remaining races, all NR had to do was to follow him home.  That was exactly happened this year.

2017 should be a fight between LH and Max Verstappen (something) of Netherlands, Ferrari's car, not the drivers, is improving, so 2017 should be a more interesting season than 2016.

10 years down the road, we will see self-driving electric cars going around the circuit  .  So, enjoy the race while we can!!  
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-11-28 10:40:04 | 显示全部楼层
It will be hard to say next year. Huge change in rules regarding aero and tires should mix up the field. Similar to how Mercedes dominated the past couple years because they got their engines right first time around.

It will be very interesting to see how Verstappen does since he has the raw talent and speed. I won't be surprised if some old favourites are back in the mix if the car underneath them can do the job.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-11-28 13:05:12 | 显示全部楼层
True, 2017 will be the first year of rule change governing aerodynamics, but tires will not be factor as all teams are getting the same thing from one supplier.

The team to watch next year should MB and Red Bull.  Ferarri can only be the best among the rest, furthermore Sebastian Vettel is way over-rated while the other driver has past his prime.

Anyway. let's wait and see.  2017 will definitely be more fun to watch than 2016.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-11-28 14:09:08 | 显示全部楼层
The tires will be a factor, they're getting wider so there will be more mechanical grip. Hopefully this will allow some passing in the slower corners where aero is not as important.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-11-28 14:09:57 | 显示全部楼层
But agreed, next year should be more interesting. I gave up watching this season because you know what will happen anyway.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-11-28 15:53:36 | 显示全部楼层
empnec 发表于 2016-11-28 14:09
The tires will be a factor, they're getting wider so there will be more mechanical grip. Hopefully t ...

You mis-understood.

The tires are from one supplier, if one team gets them, the other will get them too, so there is no advantage or disadvantage there.

May be more than 15 years ago, the teams can get tires from different sponsors, now there is only one and only one official supplier.  The teams must use the tires, specified by FIA, from this supplier.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 15:21 , Processed in 0.035532 second(s), 13 queries .