AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 1858|回复: 5

Politics impacts oil price changes

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-9-28 17:02:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
All of a sudden, Saudi agrees to freeze oil production.
This may have some thing to do with Congress passed Saudi lawsuit for 911 victims.

They were trying to help US to punish Russian, Venezuela, Iran etc at the expense of US Shale oil reduction in US Market share (hurting US).  But result in benefiting World oil consumers to get cheap oil.

Not any more, hurt all oil consumers now.  Partially caused by lawsuit allowed.

Wait till Trump get elected,  US dollar will be strong and US stock market might crash with all the uncertainties.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-9-29 11:45:27 | 显示全部楼层
It's hard to say what upcoming events will do to the dollar.

One you have Trump being elected in November which should cause a rush of money from the stock markets out of fear. This money usually goes straight to bonds and treasury bills.

Two you have oil prices rising in November from the freeze. The overproduction of OPEC should have killed off many shale producers so oil should rise quite a lot. This means CAD should go up, that is, if the fed does not raise rates. I am all for a higher CAD as I am in Imports.

Three you have the fed raising rates by a quarter of a basis point in December, but so far US economy has not recovered as expected and the fed can always go "nevermind". The fed might have also been holding out on rate increases to make the Democrats look good in time for re-election. When Trump is elected they may suddenly hike the rates several times decreasing the money supply. However Trump is all for repatriating offshore USD so this may offset the rate hikes and keep the USD stable as trillions flood back into the US.

Four say that Trump is elected, his policies should take time to pass congress, however it is a republican controlled congress so he may have an easier time than Obama.

One thing I am sure of is that CAD will rise if Saudis freeze oil and Trump is elected. I am pretty sure Trump will be elected, no one trusts Hillary no matter how good she sounds and looks, its all talk.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-9-30 12:52:14 | 显示全部楼层
弱问一下为什么现在汽油价格还没涨。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-12-1 00:05:03 | 显示全部楼层
ronkini1234 发表于 2016-9-29 11:45
It's hard to say what upcoming events will do to the dollar.

One you have Trump being elected in No ...

Your predictions came true.
And my portfolio went up by 15k.  Thanks Trump.
Fed may now raise .5 in Dec.
I would hedge  USD.
You are in import, should quote price in  CAD  if possible.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-1 01:04:15 | 显示全部楼层
Today my portfolio went up 20%. I am holding oil for at least half a year more and increasing position monthly. Shale's coming back online soon, Iran might get sanctioned (bye bye 3 mil bpd), Trump wants to bring industry back and build a lot of infrastructure all of which uses a ton of oil. Turkey has invaded Syria, might lead to a big war in the middle east again which = more oil consumption/oil field scorched earth destruction (takes bpd off market). Saudi Arabia is on the verge of revolution, they have to cut public spending by 25% because oil is so low, unhappy people. ISIS is right above Saudi Arabia...

Once Trump is in office he will lift restrictions on fracking and drilling on protected federal land. US will likely become #1 world producer of oil. Trump will also end subsidies to green energy and revive coal. Do not know if there is a coal ETF will probably buy some. I would stay away from buying physical oil and stick with US oil stocks. Oil price will prob hover $55-60 if Iran is not sanctioned. US Oil companies will increase profit from increased market share, not from higher oil prices.

Imports do not work like that. Suppliers will always quote USD, not even RMB. CAD is like monopoly money.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-12-1 06:36:11 | 显示全部楼层
ronkini1234 发表于 2016-12-1 01:04
Today my portfolio went up 20%. I am holding oil for at least half a year more and increasing positi ...

CAD is actually monopoly money,  colorful.
Greenback is still green (with a little blue called BLUE BILL), and linen based.  Not yet Polymer.

Germany is restricting gasoline car production in 2025 I think.  Limiting the need for oil.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-24 12:27 , Processed in 0.033056 second(s), 13 queries .