AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 5392|回复: 22

Everyone please write reviews in English or Mandarin if you can

关闭 [复制链接]
发表于 2016-5-25 04:17:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I speak English and can read Mandarin or French but didn't know a word of Cantonese. Whenever I saw a review in Cantonese( even though the mm's really attractive), I automatically close the post and sometimes only look for the scores. So please if you can speak both Mandarin and Cantonese, write it in English or Mandarin so that most people can understand. I know and respect the fact that after the fallen of British Hong Kong, many Cantonese speaker immigrated to Toronto.What makes Toronto Toronto is its cultural diversity and openness.But, for non-Cantonese speakers, reading a language they don't know is really frustrating. The best analogy is like an francophone speaking French to a anglophone even though he can speak English. When anglophone visit Montréal, we try our best to speak French. When francophone visit Ontario, they speak English as well. So why not we respect each other, especially in one of the best cities in the entire world? I know writing Cantonese is way easier than writing Mandarin for Cantonese speakers, but please don't let the experience you wanna share exclusive to non-Cantonese speakers. Thank you very much.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-25 07:11:30 | 显示全部楼层
lmao

no offense

but
1. who do u think who u r
2. why don't u put in some effort and learn Cantonese urself
3. you claim you do read mandarin, then Cantonese isn't so hard for you to pick up, don't expect us to spoon-feed u
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-25 07:40:33 | 显示全部楼层
Lol. Don't read it. Thank you. Cantonese writer already took their time to write a review for this forum and you expect them to write a English version or Mandarin? As happypooning said who do you think you are?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-25 07:53:35 | 显示全部楼层
who do u think who u r ??
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-25 08:24:52 | 显示全部楼层
1. All big wolves spend great amount of time writing reviews in their preferred  language should be appreciated. It is no different than Mandarin or English.
2. If I see some wolves writing in Mandarin, I try my best to learn and understand, not writing a post to shut them up.
3. You can choose to ignore a review in Cantonese, just move the hell along
4. Who do you think you are?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-25 08:35:08 | 显示全部楼层
evilperson 发表于 2016-5-25 08:24
1. All big wolves spend great amount of time writing reviews in their preferred  language should be  ...

I must agree I write a English review less then 10 min a Cantonese one takes me 30 min a mandarin will probably take me 10 years.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-25 08:40:42 | 显示全部楼层
Cantonese and Mandarin are mutually intelligible, both dialects of Chinese language...watch some HK movies you'll soon start to understand it. I don't care if one uses Mandarin, Cantonese or even Hokkien.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-25 11:23:05 | 显示全部楼层
Should just delete this post lol kinda racist and u should be lucky tht they r writing reviews for us
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-25 11:59:28 | 显示全部楼层
I thought writing Cantonese & Mandarin is very similar because they are Chinese and also depends on your mother tongue so speaking will be a bit different.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-5-25 12:00:49 | 显示全部楼层
supertony 发表于 2016-5-25 11:59
I thought writing Cantonese & Mandarin is very similar because they are Chinese and also depends on  ...

I know how to write Cantonese but not Mandarin. I can't even read a lot of Mandarin. Don't know why. Just because it's Chinese down mean it's the same lol
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-20 03:05 , Processed in 0.035354 second(s), 13 queries .