AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 3444|回复: 11

Highway design not for traffic flow !!!!

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-2-13 05:15:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Now that Spring move in China in reverse flow (West to East, North to South), we see just massive volume congestion again.
Just like DVP morning South flow and afternoon North flow that we have to endure EVERY WORKING day except Weekend.

Why can we try something like one lane reversing flow according to traffic volume?
Make the extra one or two lanes only for express with no way to exit until the end point (say Bloor and 401).  All you need is the traffic flow sign to change direction middle of day.

Same as Spring move, reverse the flow for one or 2 lanes to benefit the driving public.  
The FIXED lane structure is no longer feasible to facilitate the traffic.  Faster time, less accidents and less frustration.

Any thing is worth a try.  May not work, but at least pilot testing it.  The world is cleaner as a result too.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-14 04:11:24 | 显示全部楼层
hahaha .....
404 opened to vehicles in 1977. From design perspective it would way back 10+ years until completion. Such design caters for 50+ years of traffic. Thus, how you feels like!

About 20 years ago I noticed there are streets in Vancouver that engaged reverse flow. (It was my last visit to Vancouver by driving a car). Normally there are 3 lanes up and 3 lanes down. In rush hours it formed 4 lanes up and 2 lanes down. With the guide (traffic) lights above-head I can see that it caters even for 5 lanes up and 1 lanes down (Or even all lanes up only).

I haven't been in DT Toronto long time. Does CHURCH street have the same design?

This design not applicable to DVP? The REAL bottle neck came from up/down slopes between 401 and Eglington. The congestion caused by slow drivers (on passing lane).

Driving lanes ain't the ONLY reason of congestion. Most of it caused by slow drivers.

Instead investing money to Highway roads (in City) I support Rapid transit such as subway or Buses.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-14 04:21:05 | 显示全部楼层
tomsiu 发表于 2016-2-14 04:11
hahaha .....
404 opened to vehicles in 1977. From design perspective it would way back 10+ years un ...

Not CHURCH , Jarvis , LONG TIME AGO.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-14 04:23:42 | 显示全部楼层
hahaha .....
404 opened to vehicles in 1977. From design perspective it would way back 10+ years un ...

Asia implemented NO TRUCK during daytime LONG TIME AGO.  Up and down the Eglinton and Yorkmill does pose a problem.
Another is Upper deck (all you need a few posts and cross above other overpass already there now) with express lanes flow according to the time.

Anything is worth a try.  Do nothing is NOT AN OPTION.  Therefore N. America is backward compared to Asia.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-14 04:26:57 | 显示全部楼层
Ramp to 401 West on 404 should have upper deck too.  Every day hate driving there as EVERY ONE is trying to cut in,  ready to hit those cutting in line and made me mad.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-14 04:45:47 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-14 04:26
Ramp to 401 West on 404 should have upper deck too.  Every day hate driving there as EVERY ONE is tr ...

Therefore N. America is backward compared to Asia ~~~~ Not exactly. The real obstacles for N America (or even HKG) are too political. New rules/ideas dragged by counsellors (in city hall). The worst scenario are they've 4 years term only! Which they don't care small matters. They collecting remunerations by talking/discussing only. Results delay executions and even no attention to small matters.

Same answer to your ....  "Ramp to 401 West on 404 should have upper deck too."

Let's say 大泡和 having full-time job for this (matters) and no political concerns ..... Resolved in 1 hour.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-14 05:02:44 | 显示全部楼层
hahaha .....

Comment on last statement
Subway in HK is great and distance specific fare using Octopus.
But Shenzhen one is better off to take taxi for short distance.  Bags are being searched on subway entrance and fare is hard to calculate.
Subway is not really doable for suburbs of TO, like Markham.  Not enough riders no matter what for the wide spread of low rise houses.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-14 05:24:04 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-14 05:02
Comment on last statement
Subway in HK is great and distance specific fare using Octopus.
But Shen ...

Subway is not really doable for suburbs of TO, ~~~~ And all western (counties) cities. Due to no enough riders.

Chinese like to live closely in groups? Western people ain't.

Food is the first preferences in Chinese choices. Western people ain't. In China you rarely see people engaged in Water-sports, Winter-sports, Mountain-sport etc. Because it's expensive? But you do noticed Chinese spending tones of $ in restaurant and wine. And travel aboard just to buy durable goods (including toilet covers)

Chinese are proud of Expensive cars, luxury apparels, rich food in restaurant etc. These things used to show off to other people whom live near-by. It couldn't be happened if they live in rural.

Western people proud of rich sports. Rich spirit etc. They need new/big space for these.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-14 05:30:39 | 显示全部楼层
tomsiu 发表于 2016-2-14 05:24
Subway is not really doable for suburbs of TO, ~~~~ And all western (counties) cities. Due to no e ...

Mainland Chinese like to show off.  More expensive the wine, more sales.  NOT practical.
My running shoes is Costco special for 15.  Just upgraded to 20 same costco Fila.
The only good thing they bought were real estate.  But then may be only first line cities will keep the high value.  No one could afford it.

HK and Shenzhen restaurants are full of low (actually not that low) wage dishwashing jobs.  But any one that owns real estate made more money on their house than wages.  Just like TO.  Even US is going up now due to the low inventory.  Now 4 months listing supply, less than the 6 months average and less than 10 months average a few years back.  So there is light at end of tunnel for US real estate.  Good for me.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-14 05:44:46 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-14 05:30
Mainland Chinese like to show off.  More expensive the wine, more sales.  NOT practical.
My runnin ...

The only good thing they bought were real estate. ~~~ Forgot to mention, Gambling.

Most western individuals very concern about their home. They brought home for their own, not to rent out. Or simply say not for resale. Corporations or Business would construct home to rent out to Singles or Student. It's investment. Soon these people would buy home for themselves when money is enough saved. And they would change houses when spaces is desired.

Chinese purchases Real Estate (properties) alike gamblers. They expect a "fortune" out from it. These kind of "fortune" mind considers gambling..... Right?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-26 03:22 , Processed in 0.037579 second(s), 13 queries .