AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 4164|回复: 21

Should I pursue a PHD?

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-2-11 20:40:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I realized that i cannot play around everyday and waste me life on personal pleasure. If a young man loses his 事业心 and 上进心, he is almost half dead according to our social expectation.

so I start to consider a PHD program . I want to go to US to pursue my career.

Except for PHD, what other choices do i have? I do not want to go back china.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-11 22:25:53 | 显示全部楼层
You want to be a professional student.  Are you a visa student?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-11 22:28:51 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-11 22:25
You want to be a professional student.  Are you a visa student?

I can be anywhere in the world, do not care visa. I want be someone, instead of jusyt a money spending useless rabbish like me
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-11 22:45:31 | 显示全部楼层
Not students.  Cannot stay.  Unless you are legally allowed.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-11 22:52:33 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-11 22:45

I was a student in Europe, totally hate the European way towards Asians.
If I am gonna pursue a PHD such as in UC berkeley, I am gonna stay in US for a couple of years,
BUT berkeley is a boring small place. Now i may consider UCLA.
Better than being a student in stupid Europe. I like the way US people towards Asians. Warmer attitude and open mentality. Academia is a deadly boring place to stay. But except for academia , there is no place in the society for me. SXXT. i do not want go back china.  And i do not want waste my life in stupid finance and economics again for another 5 years.
Even staying in prison is better than staying in the stupid research program
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-11 22:57:06 | 显示全部楼层

Since i went abroad, there was not a single day i smiled sincerely and truly. Korean girls cannot bring me happiness ,just relaxation. I do not understand why chinese people go abroad to suffer. worse than a prisoner. I may need to find a woman again tomorrow to relieve my sorrow.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-11 23:02:44 | 显示全部楼层

US literature and art major a good choice or not?
I learnt media and advertisement back in business school .  I can use matlab, R, python SAS EXCEL to do data analysis to.
After years of natural science, i totally hate natural science. I want a media job. I want writing instead of doing math all day. May also consider going to Japan . No more interest at North America. Once i went to california, i almost bored to death.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-11 23:07:00 | 显示全部楼层
What is your legal status.  MM ready to pay me 60k cad to marry her so she could stay in Canada.  I can also do US too.   Or HK.  Though ID expired.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-11 23:13:50 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-11 23:07
What is your legal status.  MM ready to pay me 60k cad to marry her so she could stay in Canada.  I  ...

My legal status is a mystery.
You remember in "prison break", scoffeld married a russian? girl so that that girl can stay in US permanently and for exchange, that girl has to do some dirty business with him. what a man
60k is market price for a greencard sell &fake marriage?
It does not make any sense to stay here in TO if the life is like a prisoner .
It is a curse. Staying in temple being a monk is even better. Do not want any of this life anymore. A PHD seems another 5 years of pain.  My interest is at culture , art and media. not the stupic natural science
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-11 23:22:06 | 显示全部楼层
Not you. MM will pay to get more money here.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-5-15 11:58 , Processed in 0.048950 second(s), 13 queries .