AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 1853|回复: 3

BEWARE OF INTERNATIONAL SCAM ARTISTS

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-10-9 19:16:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
(I have already posted the following under Buy & Sell, but decided to post it in this Chat Chat Section as well, so that 747 brothers will not fall into this trap.  If 747 brothers have similar experience with other scam artists, please name them under this topic.  善哉,善哉!)

BEWARE OF INTERNATIONAL SCAM ARTISTS

I am writing from experience and unfortunately I got stung by one of them.  The name is RockyFroggy.

This is how they work to get your money, in this case, my money.

Via internet, I read about “members”getting the latest iPhone at $1 from this RockyFroggy.  I jumped to the conclusion that no company can survive by selling the latest iPhones at $1, so it must be a lucky draw.

I said to myself, “What the hell, it is like buying a lottery ticket.  If I win, good for me; if I don't, it is only a dollar.”

So registered my name on line, plus authorized a $1.00 to be withdraw from my credit card, and supplied my email address in the event they need to inform me if/when I win.

After the registration, this company sent me an email acknowledging my registration.

One month after my registration, I found that $130+ were withdrawn from my account.  Phoned my bank who advised me that since I registered as a member, I must cancel my registration and subscription first.

My bank can only help or dispute the withdrawal AFTER this RF company confirms my cancellation of registration.

This RF company did not acknowledge my cancellation until my registration went to a 2nd month, so that they could withdraw and indeed withdrew another $130+ from my account.

After the two withdrawals, this RF then acknowledged my cancellation plus re-sending the initial registration acknowledgement email which they sent me.  This initial acknowledgement had a terms and conditions in FINE PRINTS saying that if I do not cancel my“subscription” in 30 days, $130+ will be withdrawn from my creditcard account each and every month until cancellation.

I didn't even bother to read the fineprints when i first got it since in my mind it was just an acknowledgement of my registration!

Anyway, my bank told me that there was nothing they could do to help me because I registered as a member, and I did not cancel the membership in 30 days.  Technically, everything was legal but it was a scam.

There is a Cantonese saying,“光棍教仔,便宜莫貪!”

My bank told me that there was one other scam company, and the name is FunkyClock.  Since I have no experience with this one, I cannot say either way.

Let this be a lesson to all!

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-10 02:22:51 | 显示全部楼层
Try not to give away credit card or debit card number, especially if it is auto renew if NOT cancelled.  
Just like some of those bidding scheme to get an iphone by bidding by some increments to see if you can get it.  But it is NOT really a scam,  and some one will get one, but after how many times the price of the product was sent to the vendor to have some one lucky to get it.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-10-10 04:13:09 | 显示全部楼层
Read the FINE prints of terms and conditions, that is where and how they scam you!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-10 23:20:49 | 显示全部楼层
majority of scams come from india/nigeria
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-28 04:37 , Processed in 0.040112 second(s), 13 queries .