AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: oppa

Remember Bill C36? Please vote on Oct 19.

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-10-14 09:38:53 | 显示全部楼层
Toronto Star 10/14/2015

The Conservative party’s latest attack line: A vote for the Liberal party is a vote to “legalize the selling of women in Canada.”

Oakville Conservative candidate Terence Young attacked the Liberal party’s stance on prostitution during a candidates debate at the Oakville Chamber of Commerce last week.

Young, who has served as an MP in the riding since 2008, was a member of the Standing Committee on the Status of Women for the past two years.

“Do you want communities in Oakville that are quiet and safe?” he asked. “Or communities where a federal Liberal government mandates legally protected brothels with madams and all that goes with that because the Liberals have promised to legalize the selling of women in Canada?”

Young is not the only Conservative who has followed this line of reasoning. In late September, News 1130 reported that Conservative candidate Jason Kenney said something very similar during a press conference in Vancouver.

“He wants to force communities to accept brothels,” News 1130 reported Kenney said. “We don’t think the values of most Canadians include having to put up with heroin injection sites imposed on their communities against their will, or to have brothels operating in their neighbourhoods against their will.”

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau voted against the Conservatives’ Bill C-36 in the fall of 2014, which outlawed buying sex.

Ana Curic, a spokesperson for Kenney’s campaign, wrote in an email that “the Liberal Party of Canada opposed this legislation, and has consistently opposed legislation that would ban such exploitative business practices.

“In practical terms, the Liberal position is to legalize the operation of brothels in Canada,” she said.

A spokesperson from Young’s campaign could not be immediately reached.

Nowhere in the Liberal party’s platform does it call for legalizing brothels. Trudeau has been critical of the current laws but cautious about coming out in favour of legalizing prostitution, telling CTV that he would support “evidence-based policy.”

“The Supreme Court has said the framework that existed was not protecting vulnerable people and women from violence and that is the lens we need to look through as we move forward on this difficult issue,” he told CTV.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-14 11:47:41 | 显示全部楼层
Agreed with Dragondik..

"Harper's Government is not perfect.  Given the 3 choices, Conservative Party is the safest bet!

Do not expect any new Government to abolish C-36 soon, that will be the last thing on the politicians' minds."

and Legalize Prostitution may not a good thing for guys, what as they asks every customers to obtain a license with real name, before you can get the servcice? What if the service district is limited to certain building in downtown?  Now a law with gray area is good enough, you can get service in all major locations which near you, you can hide your identity ....
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-14 11:57:24 | 显示全部楼层
purplefragrance 发表于 2015-10-13 19:31
Why not NDP? I am deciding which one is best for the future of Canada

From my point of view, I rather to give up my vote, I would not choose NDP.

Remember the day that NDP won the election in Alberta in 2015? There was a big fall of stock price in Alberta's oil companies...

If you are long enough in Canada, you should know the old days of Ontario-NDP government..
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-14 12:35:51 | 显示全部楼层
oppa 发表于 2015-10-14 06:23
Dragondick and lo-gau are 100% wrong.  Harper has never balanced the budget except in an election ye ...

Don't forget if Harper did not reduce Government's share of HST by 2%, there will be plenty of surplus.  That's 2% on everything which we buy/pay for!!!

Anyway, it is easy to forget about the money we received/saved without even trying.  

Because of the surplus, Harper decided to give Canadians the 2%.  Don't forget that.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-14 12:56:15 | 显示全部楼层
I cannot imagine the 3 in the same picture:
Justin T., Catherine Wynn and our ?? Minister Can Kwok Chi, I just cannot vote Liberal.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-14 12:58:42 | 显示全部楼层
Chan Kwok Chi =陳國治
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-14 13:20:23 | 显示全部楼层
I can't stand Wynn either. PC had the provincial in the bag but they fucking blew it. Federal is a different thing for me and Harper must GTFO. 10 years of fucking up Canada and turning a freedom country into a police state is enough!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-10-14 13:46:43 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2015-10-14 12:35
Don't forget if Harper did not reduce Government's share of HST by 2%, there will be plenty of sur ...

There is a healthy balance between taxes and having a civil society.    Harper missed on this one as well.

Consumption tax hits the poor harder.   He could have adjusted the income tax rate to proportionally help the poor and middle class.   Instead,  harper chose to play politics again.

By reducing the gst,  our debt level grew meaning higher interest rate charges meaning you and the next generation pays more.    You saved 2% on gst,  but got hit more to service our growing debt.   

http://thescottross.blogspot.ca/ ... billion_07.html?m=1
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-14 14:37:19 | 显示全部楼层
(x_o) 发表于 2015-10-14 11:57
From my point of view, I rather to give up my vote, I would not choose NDP.

Remember the day that ...

Just think about.......... If Liberal or NDP in power during year 2008.......... What could happened in Canada ????

I agree that Conservative is not perfect, but it is the way better choice that the other two.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-14 18:37:22 | 显示全部楼层
I heard that Canada started to have deficits and national debts the first time since another government headed by a person named Trudeau. Liberals spend money without wiping the feet and NDP spends money even if there's not enough to pay back for decades. That's how Liberals and NDP are mortgaging our grandchildren's welfare away. I wss once fooled by Ontario NDP and later realized how wrong I was. I never voted for the Ontario Liberals and was glad that I did not. Could someone who voted for Wynn tell me one thing that she did right. There was nothing. Her party was full of scandal and bullshit. If they did not waste 600 millions of dollars, ws would have been in a much better place in Ontario.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-28 23:53 , Processed in 0.038506 second(s), 11 queries .