AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: mmpleaser

Observations of China

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2015-8-28 10:55:49 | 显示全部楼层
Look up Subaru car from Fuji industry.  I am going to buy 2016 outback.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-28 16:15:32 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2015-8-28 10:55
They are all make up names from China, you must be another editor or copy writer.  Sorry about typ ...

Need to be both fast and accurate.
Cutting corners and being just fast is sometimes not good.

Need to up that quality like German precision!!
China sometimes can manufacture very fast but they lack that quality. Need to have QC.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-28 16:24:47 | 显示全部楼层
asuran 发表于 2015-8-28 16:15
Need to be both fast and accurate.
Cutting corners and being just fast is sometimes not good.

True, German and Japanese precision.  I heard from a tour guide in France that Germany (or probably Japan) both develop excellent precision industry is because their bright minds could not work on Military equipment after surrender and had to go into that to make a living at peace time.  China will get there, it only started 30 years ago.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-28 16:47:21 | 显示全部楼层
That is true. After they were banned from having a military they started to have money which they spent on R&D in other things.

Imagine if China or the US does not need to spend billions or trillions on military.

I have no idea what Canada did. Our military kind of suck and outdated. What did we spend our money on?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-28 22:10:58 | 显示全部楼层
asuran 发表于 2015-8-28 16:47
That is true. After they were banned from having a military they started to have money which they sp ...

UN peace keeping duty.  Now that colonial era is over.  no need for big army.  most in the world are using army as police to put down dissent.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-9-2 01:46:31 | 显示全部楼层
tomsiu 发表于 2015-8-27 06:00
I don't think it is LED lights. May be a kind of paint provide colorful "reflection". The camera lig ...

You can watch CNBC Beijing report from Chinese reporter lady almost every night (Beijing) on the same stretch of highway.  It is lit up, do not think it is reflective strip .  Check it out.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-9-2 01:54:28 | 显示全部楼层
New thread on Uber vs Didi in China.  (from Bloomberg Business Week)

Didi was 2 competitors into ONE MONOPOLY.  CEO is daughter of Lenovo founder, graduate of Harvard comp science, 37 years old, 12 years veteran of Goldman Sachs.  They work differently from Uber.  Uses LICENSED cab drivers, NOT own fleet, therefore NO WARS with Cab drivers.   Got 99 percent of market.  Ready to fight Uber.  
I think the reason for the Cab driver issue in other countries could be related to the fact for the Medallion cost as in NYC.  One could fetch 1 Million before, now it is down to 700K and going down more.  Most NYC cab driver think they had it made after getting one.  NOT ANY MORE.  Feel sorry for them, but then think Film, typewriter, newspaper, DVD, CD, cassette, VCR, and a long list of others.  Progress will not stop for you.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-9-3 02:10:56 | 显示全部楼层
Apparently Dongguam got issue with too many girls working in factories.  Some girls are knowingly sharing boys in factories for sex.  Take turns leaving the boy with one girl alone to have sex.  Remedy is for factories to recruit more boys to work there.  wish we have same problem here in TO.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-9-3 07:56:08 | 显示全部楼层
Extra extra.
Just saw on CNBC, China is cutting 300k soldiers to MODERNIZE the military.  As if the DF xx missiles aiming for Aircraft carrier and Airplanes are NOT dangerous already.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-9-8 00:21:54 | 显示全部楼层
China and Japan are fighting to gain the Hi-speed rail in Indonesia.   I think Japan won in Thailand.  Just like Airbus vs Boeing for air dominance.  It is between Japan and China (somehow Germany is not in the picture) in Asia for sure in Hi-speed rail.   It is definitely more environmentally friendly and economically (despite the higher cost than regular rail).   The need for speed is very important to curtail further expansion of private car economy where there is no place to drive, park etc among densely populated cities.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-29 01:23 , Processed in 0.035542 second(s), 11 queries .