AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 7955|回复: 49

Observations of China

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-8-27 04:09:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Just saw a vidio from Beijing at night from CNBC yesterday, the back drop is a highway there.  Guess what, I found it interesting that the highway rail is actually lit up with I think LED lights.  They are low energy and probably can be powered by solar panels.  We could start using more of this on highways to light up the highways.  Currently highway lightings are mainly around metro area. Some reflective markers were used in some stretches. We really do not need high power highway lighting, mainly some indications of where the width of the road and LED looks great.   Even my neighborhold supermarket is using LED lights in the same way Cosmetic counters , Fridges are using them.  Pretty, last forever and low energy consumption and heat generation.  Disclosure here, I own Cree and initially made money on it but not in the last year.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-27 06:00:16 | 显示全部楼层
I don't think it is LED lights. May be a kind of paint provide colorful "reflection". The camera light provides reflection.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-27 06:04:04 | 显示全部楼层
You use "Observation of China" as title! Would it be too board?
Why not use "LED lit up China's highway rail!"
Did you drink (alcohol) in last 1 hour?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-27 08:29:20 | 显示全部楼层
tomsiu 发表于 2015-8-27 06:04
You use "Observation of China" as title! Would it be too board?
Why not use "LED lit up China's high ...

No.  I intend to use it for other observations.  such as building construct via precast concrete and crane, no trucks allowed inside city highway (such as Shanghai) during day time hours etc that Canada can follow too.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-27 09:50:43 | 显示全部楼层
Berkerley Earth (US non profit, must be around UC B) says breathing Beijing air is equivalent to smoking almost 40 cigarettes a day and air pollution causes 1.6 M death a year in China.  Damned, will sightsee Beijing for a week.
But PM2.5 level in western cities Chongqing and Chengdu are about half the national average. I shall cut down my BREATHING while in Beijing and do HEAVY BREATHING in Chengdu to make up the loss of air intake in my lung there.  Will that work?
Quoted from Economist Aug 15, 2015 page 40.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-27 10:12:13 | 显示全部楼层
^ sounds like there could be a opportunity and market for fashionable breathing masks in cities like Beijing.
Let's hook up an industrial designer, fashion designer, health researcher, engineer and scientist and build up a trusted brand.

Something that has always disappointed me is China does not have a real good, trusted brand. Always knockoffs and imitation products. We need a good trusted Chinese brand that can be recognize worldwide.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-27 12:13:53 | 显示全部楼层
asuran 发表于 2015-8-27 10:12
^ sounds like there could be a opportunity and market for fashionable breathing masks in cities like ...

Huawai, xiamei, one plus, glee, haier
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-27 12:59:06 | 显示全部楼层
From that list I only know Huawei and you spelled it wrong too, meaning it's not as visible as it could be. Maybe in the future.

Brands like
Korean: Samsung, LG
Japan: Sony, Toyota
USA: Nike, Apple, Coca-Cola

You hear them and you know there is an unmistakable standard of quality. No one would ever misspell them because they are too well known and already extremely visible on their own.

---

Anyway I just remembered hearing about Solar Roadways years ago when it was just a concept.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU
It's pretty interesting.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-28 06:42:38 | 显示全部楼层
asuran 发表于 2015-8-27 10:12
^ sounds like there could be a opportunity and market for fashionable breathing masks in cities like ...

China does not have a real good, trusted brand ~~~~ Transformation passage!

During 1950 (US doesn't have strict road rule that time) that all Japanese cars not run in San Francisco. Because it can't climb slope.
During 1980 all Korean cars can't go further than 50km including, Hyundai.

In beginning of 1980 China is one of the poorest country in the world. It's GDP even below Ethiopia. During this transformation China went through A-貨. Corruption, poor qualities....etc.

We need a good trusted Chinese brand that can be recognize worldwide ~~~~ will see
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-28 10:55:05 | 显示全部楼层
asuran 发表于 2015-8-27 12:59
From that list I only know Huawei and you spelled it wrong too, meaning it's not as visible as it co ...

They are all make up names from China, you must be another editor or copy writer.  Sorry about typo, I do not really care. Speed is the utmost issue for me.  Everyone got same 24 hrs.  As long as you know.  first few cell phone, then A/C, then appliances.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-29 01:48 , Processed in 0.039977 second(s), 13 queries .