AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 4350|回复: 17

It is Economy Stupid

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-8-14 05:54:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
US can do nothing to Russia other than economic sanction as punishment for Ukraine invasion.  Looks like they figure out a way to do a WIN WIN with oil price collapse.  Big time saving to US consumers, though at a cost to Shale oil production.  Does Obama care, answer is NO  bad for environment anyway?  Saudi lost money big time too, but do they care , no ,  Too much money and too many Ferrari as police cars (or was it Qatar PD?).  They want to punish the Iranian, Yemen and Syria NON Sunni Muslims (here again different sectors for Christians and Muslims).  Northern Island catholics vs Protestants , Iranian Shites vs Saudi Sunni,  does it make a difference if they believe in same GOD.   So both US and Saudi has some economic sacrifices to achieve their end goal.   Russians, Venesulian (can't spell), Iranians, US shale producers, ISIS with their Iraq oil, Nigerian (those rip off scam artists) , Canada (sorry buddies, My mightly $ is worth more, good for me) got punished.  All except US shale producer and Canada are innocent victims, not to mention Saudi sugar daddy.  
Back to Asia, AIIB by Chairman will create jobs for China, with their infrastructure projects.  I have as yet to ride the high speed train and I will.  It is much safer and may be cheaper than air travel (C Hing dragondick, this is good too, though I heard  ASB got Japan conglomerate to win the contract in Thailand instead of China).   The one route one whatever is to create the Land and Sea Silkroad of the 21st century.  Saw apartment built in a few weeks using preconstruct concrete screwed together and put together by multiple crane.  Only in CHINA you say.   Here in Toronto, cannot even decide on which LRT, subway to build or to fund with what money.  Beijing is already talking about 5 new subway lines in 4 or 5 years.  Talking about progress.  Just like Joe Biden mentioned that he thinks we should upgrade the third world airports like La Guadia in NYC.  Toronto got most cranes up for 141 building recently,   NYC count is like less than 10, other US cities even less.   Look at Chinese cities, so many tall building and not 2nd rated cities at all. I remember see the highway in Shanghai near Huang PO river up to 10 floor going up, (my hotel room 10 floors up is even with that.  When do you think DVP will have second deck for express lanes going one way southbound during morning and northbound during PM and collecting tolls to fund it????  That is one solution to solve the grip lock in TO.  I swear never drive on DVP 404 southbound before 10am and northbound after 2pm.  My window of travel there is limited to 10 to 2.  
Anyway, this is it for now.  Attention span for most people is probably 5 minutes.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-14 10:00:42 | 显示全部楼层
Economy Stupid ~~~ No. Absolutely not. IMO Economy smart.
Smart economy generates money/wealth. Money/wealth hires talents for all games (including military games).

To beat your enemy! First, beat down their economy. Economy game is not a day-pass (done by one shot of bullet). It take years to accomplish.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-14 10:12:24 | 显示全部楼层
tomsiu 发表于 2015-8-14 10:00
Economy Stupid ~~~ No. Absolutely not. IMO Economy smart.
Smart economy generates money/wealth. Mone ...

Tom Sir.
You totally confused me but I know I am stupid compared to my classmates.
I am just joking about the finance picture that I just happen to notice.  It is C Hing dragondick said on the Japan thread to conquer Japan via economic means.  So I just created a thread of war on nations with economic affairs as well as whatever came to my mind  (early in the morning).  Again, we are blowing water, are we not.  I take it you are pot full of money and I missed it by selling my house 14 years ago.  All the capital gain will be TAX FREE. Bad timing on my part.  I did gain some with the condo's bought for kids and later house for self.  So far the US exchange is favorable to me and that is why I could afford to hunt.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-14 19:29:10 | 显示全部楼层
I don't think Tom understands the phrase. He thinks you are saying "the economy is stupid", to which he disagrees.

This is actually a quote from Bill Clinton, and there should be a comma to avoid confusion.

"Its the economy, stupid."

The word stupid is not to describe the economy, but a reference to his presidential debate opponent.

You can replace "stupid" with other words, for example:

"Its the economy, idiot."

"Its the economy, asshole."

"Its the economy, bro."

"Its the economy, my friend."

"Its the economy, Tom."
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-14 20:20:27 | 显示全部楼层
肥狼 发表于 2015-8-14 19:29
I don't think Tom understands the phrase. He thinks you are saying "the economy is stupid", to which ...

Close enough. By Clinton advisor James Carville who engineered Clinton victory.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-14 20:44:19 | 显示全部楼层
Goes to show that good punctuations can change a sentence to completely different meaning.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-15 02:59:46 | 显示全部楼层
肥狼 发表于 2015-8-14 19:29
I don't think Tom understands the phrase. He thinks you are saying "the economy is stupid", to which ...

It is Economy. Understand? Stupid folks!

Uh ...
Its clear now. Thanks folks!

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-15 09:10:39 | 显示全部楼层
"It is the economy, stupid." was Bill Clinton's presidential campaign slogan, "crafted" by James Carville - Bill's election campaign strategist/manager.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_the_economy,_stupid

http://www.iop.harvard.edu/it%E2%80%99s-economy-stupid-2

Bill was a sex maniac who had a long history of sexual abuse B4 & after entering the WH.    

Bill's legacy will forever be his affair with Monica in the Oval Office and his statement during impeachment hearing "I never had a sexual affair with that woman - Monica Lewinsky!"

So, BBBJ is not considered a sexual activity.  Keep this in mind and tell this to the Bill C-36 Judge, if you ever have to quote it.  

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-15 10:32:22 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2015-8-15 09:10
"It is the economy, stupid." was Bill Clinton's presidential campaign slogan, "crafted" by James Car ...

But President Clinton is NOT a credible witness, your honor.  He is a politician. We need to present Billy Graham instead.  Does anyone know that he got a BBBJ,  please tell us all.  You are doing all the wolves in the world a favor to get a GET OUT OF JAIL PASS and save all of us so WE COULD QUOTE HIM to avoid jail.  NOT BILL CLINTON.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-18 03:47:36 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2015-8-15 10:32
But President Clinton is NOT a credible witness, your honor.  He is a politician. We need to prese ...

Bill Clinton is actually one of the most capable US Presidents in modern times. The whole Monica Lewinski affair is totally irrelevant to his governance.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-25 19:18 , Processed in 0.037862 second(s), 13 queries .