立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2015's Women's World Cup Soccer

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2015-6-27 15:43:36 | 显示全部楼层
cewek 发表于 2015-6-27 12:55
Dragon Gor
- during China vs USA match yesterday, why USA #1 sharp shooter Abby did not play until   ...

1.  Age.  Wabach is getting old, also US coach felt it was a sure win against China & therefore decided to preserve a valuable player for the next game.

2.  I blamed the referee because the US goalie did this "rushing" several times during the penalty kick & should be given a warning, & perhaps even a yellow card.

3.  Japan won on penalty kick during the final.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-27 17:19:14 | 显示全部楼层
Japan beat Australia 1 - 0, and will meet the winner of England/Canada which is immaterial because Japan can beat either team handily.

On the other side, Germany will have a tougher time against USA, but should win by at least 2 goals.

Final match has to be between Germany & Japan as per my prediction in #28.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-27 20:28:43 | 显示全部楼层
England 2, Canada 1.

So Canada said good-bye to 2015's WWC.

Canada continued with its unimpressive play + defensive error, & deserved to lose.

The only consolation is that England will not get pass Japan.  There is simply no way that England can beat Japan.

The next game to watch is Germany Vs USA for a chance in the final of the championship.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-28 06:23:03 | 显示全部楼层
TALES OF TWO TEAMS:

Now that both Team Canada & Team China are out of 2015's WWCS, I will give my assessment of the two teams' performance.

CANADA

Canada's pivotal player is Christine Sinclaire who certainly will retire before the next WWCS.  I do not see any potential leaders in the group.  IMHO, CDA's play was mediocre and not as good as in last Olympics' soccer tournament. Unfortunately, some experienced & good players have since retired.

CDA's offense lacked power as can be seen from the scores in the round robin group plays - one goal against China, one goal against Netherlands, zero goal against NZ, which is the weakest team in the group.

CHINA

China is a young team with the oldest player being 26, inexperienced and improving.  Just look at the ever improving scores - zero against Canada, one goal against Netherlands, & 2 goals against NZ.

If China were to play against CDA today, I think China will win!

In the round of 16, China beat Cameroon which is a young & fast team as well by a score of 1 - 0  (In Group play, Cameroon beat Ecuador 6 - 0, 1 - 2 against Japan, & 2 - 1 against Switzerland),  Cameroon is NOT a push over by any means.

In the round of final 8, China lost 0 - 1 to USA which was expected because we cannot expect miracle from a young team.

China is a young team, needs more exposure, and will mature in the next WWCS!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-28 06:32:47 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2015-6-27 20:28
England 2, Canada 1.

HIGHLIGHTS OF CANADA Vs ENGLAND GAME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZ9q82ENHM

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-28 06:38:37 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2015-6-27 20:28
England 2, Canada 1.

HIGHLIGHTS OF JAPAN Vs AUSTRALIA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuSJIQ_x028

Compare Japan's performance in the above video & England's performance against CDA in #45, you will agree that England is no match for Japan when they meet for the Final's berth.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-6-28 07:22:28 | 显示全部楼层
thanks Dragon Gor; I enjoyed the highlights you posted as well
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-28 09:19:14 | 显示全部楼层
cewek 发表于 2015-6-28 07:22
thanks Dragon Gor; I enjoyed the highlights you posted as well

You are welcome!

A hypothetical scenario:

If the 2015 WWCS is held today & all the Groupings remain unchanged, & China beats Canada, then China will emerge as winner of Group A & playing the teams which Canada just played.

You know what, China might just beat England & finish as one of the top 4!  

Of course as one of the top 4, China must meet Japan; China, at this stage is no match for Japan, so I would rather see China losing to USA than to Japan.  I don't want to see China losing to Japan since 7/7 Anniversary is just around the corner .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-6-28 15:48:49 | 显示全部楼层
dragondick 发表于 2015-6-27 08:28
A handball is a handball, regardless of intentional or unintentional.

When referee is used to over ...

Dragondick brother, I rechecked the hand ball rules, it says you have to be deliberately touching the ball in order for the foul to give. Anyhow, I guess it's still a judgement call whether it is deliberately or not.

For the 1999 game you talked about, I was watching it live and was also furious about that call. The kick should have been retake and I was surprised the coach and the team didn't protest during or after the game or at least made a big fuss about it. Total disappointment.

Same feelings when Canada played the US during last Olympic.. The US always get special treatment...

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-6-28 15:51:12 | 显示全部楼层
cewek 发表于 2015-6-27 12:55
Dragon Gor
- during China vs USA match yesterday, why USA #1 sharp shooter Abby did not play until   ...

Japan Women soccer plays like the spanish men's team. The got such skills and creativity. I changed my perception about women soccer after watching them play at the last world cup.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-26 12:00 , Processed in 0.037519 second(s), 11 queries .