AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2015's Women's World Cup Soccer

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2015-6-12 02:56:45 | 显示全部楼层
China played like a different team yesterday, beating Netherlands 1 - 0.  The result could well be 3 - 0 if Lady Luck was on China's side.

If China played the same way when they played Canada, China would have won easily.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-13 18:03:36 | 显示全部楼层
By the end of next week, we will know which teams will enter the knock-out phase of the tournament.

In Group A.

Canada has to play Netherlands.  Based on Canada's play recently, Canada's fate is uncertain because Canada could lose.  I am not optimistic as Canada's coach.

China will play New Zealand - the weakest team in the Group, chances of winning will be high.  If China wins, while Canada loses or draws, China, as #1 of Group A will play #2 qualifier of another group, so chances of getting final 8 is good too.  

I would even say if China qualifies as #1 in Group A, the team might end up in the Final Four.  Beyond that, then I do not know.  

I like China's chances for their youth, oldest being 26 y.o. (the faces are awful! ) They are fast & can grind any opponents to submission.

China is a dark horse in this championship.

I like the German team.  With 2 exceptions, all blondes, 5' 6+", my specs.  

I have not seen the best of Team USA yet.  They should be able to play a lot better than they have so far.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-15 13:28:09 | 显示全部楼层
Don't forget to watch today games:

China Vs New Zealand @  1830
Canada Vs Netherands @ 1930

My guess is China should be able to  beat New Zealand while Canada will have a tough time against Netherlands.

If China wins, China will advance as #1 in the Group.

If China wins & Canada wins too, Canada will advance as #1 in the Group & China will be #2.

If Canada draws, China will advance as #1, and Canada as #2.

If Canada loses, Netherlands will advance as #2.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-15 18:12:01 | 显示全部楼层
I just discovered that both games are played at the same time.

Canada Vs Netherlands @ 1930 Montreal time.

China Vs New Zealand @ 1830 Winnepeg time.

Due to time zone difference, both games are actually being played at the same time.  However, only the Canada Vs Netherlands game will have live telecast.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-15 21:16:01 | 显示全部楼层
Both games drew.

I expected Canada to have a tough time with Netherlands, so a draw was not a surprise to me.

I expected China to beat New Zealand, which they almost did, except China cannot hang on to their 2 -1 margin.

Both teams (Canada & China) now advance to the knock-out stage with Canada as #1 & China as #2 of the Group.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-16 03:43:23 | 显示全部楼层
HIGHLIGHTS OF CHINA-NEW ZEALAND GAME:

http://www.fifa.com/womensworldc ... 00269487/index.html

It seems that NZ's first goal was the result of communications error between China's goalie & a defender.  Both were at the same spot, blocking a very narrow angle for scoring, yet the ball went in.

I can tell that the young Chinese team which has very little international experience is gaining confidence now that they found out they could play at the same level of other international teams.

In the knock-out phase, China's opponent is likely to be Switzerland (we don't know yet as that Group still has 2 more games to play).

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-16 03:46:42 | 显示全部楼层
HIGHLIGHTS OF CANADA - NETHERLANDS GAME:

http://www.fifa.com/womensworldc ... 00269511/index.html

2 very impressive goals, one from each side!

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-16 20:39:46 | 显示全部楼层
Cameroon beat Switzerland, so China would have to play Cameroon next.

Cameroon is just as fast & young like China.  China will have a fight in its hands !  This will be China's true test in 2015's WWCS.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-17 06:59:26 | 显示全部楼层
HIGHLIGHTS OF CAMEROON Vs SWITZERAND GAME:

Cameroon came from behind to beat Switzerland, but I see the weakness of Cameroon's goal keeper.  If I were China's coach, I will ask the players to test the goalie at all opportunities.  There might be pleasant surprises of Cameroon's goalie's weakness.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-17 19:15:35 | 显示全部楼层
China plays Cameroon on this coming SAT @ 1730.

This is the knock out stage now, every game is "must win" or go home.

This should be an interesting game.  Two young teams slugging it out.  I will give a SLIGHT edge to China if they can play the way they played the Netherlands - "No Fear"  .
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-20 06:41 , Processed in 0.039582 second(s), 11 queries .