AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 12038|回复: 75

2015's Women's World Cup Soccer

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-6-5 08:40:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
If you follow Women's soccer, please note that Canada is the host country in 2015 & plays against China tomorrow (SAT).

Here are the top female soccer players in the world to watch (no touch!):

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/0 ... -players/index.html

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-6-5 17:11:59 | 显示全部楼层
chinese women,, come on!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-5 19:21:45 | 显示全部楼层
Rongz 发表于 2015-6-5 17:11
chinese women,, come on!

"Harder, harder, I am coming/cuming........................!"         
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-6 18:10:24 | 显示全部楼层
Just finished first half - 0 - 0.

Canada could be behind by two goals - one saved by the goalie, the other saved by goal posts (Yes, the ball from free kick, hit the right post first, then the left post).

The Chinese team was younger, faster.  The Canadian side was overly confident.

2nd half is now on, will get back to you all.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-6 18:58:44 | 显示全部楼层
Lucky Canada who didn't play well but was awarded with a penalty kick in the dying minutes of the game.

So, Canada won 1 - 0.

Canada would have to play better in the next two games.  I don't see Canada as a contender of the championship!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-7 20:56:10 | 显示全部楼层
Watched the game between Germany & Ivory Coast.  Germany led by 10 - 0 and I switched channel.

The German side was very impressive.  The players were taller with much better footwork & played like a male team.  The game was lopsided.  Soccer sportswriters will describe Germany's offense 如水銀瀉地 which would be appropriate.

I still need to watch USA & Japan - the defending champion, to give my prediction.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-6-8 11:20:47 | 显示全部楼层
Mr. DragonDick, do you feel that was a legit penalty at the end of the game between China and Canada?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-8 14:42:31 | 显示全部楼层
Any foul regardless of intentional or not, committed within the 18 yard area, should be awarded a penalty kick.

The referee was simply following the rule.

If the Chinese side felt the penalty was wrongfully awarded to Canada, the Manager would have protested, he should & would have contested but he didn't.  Obviously he agreed with the ruling.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-8 16:14:03 | 显示全部楼层
Another example of unintentional foul resulting in a penalty kick.

Let us say Offensive Side is given an free kick just outside 20 yds area.    Defensive side forms a defensive line 10 yds from where the ball is placed & all players have both hands behind their backs as a precaution against accidental handball.

Offensive Side pushes the ball slightly to one side for another player to shoot.  Once the ball is touched, defensive players all rush towards the ball.  At that moment, the 2nd Offensive player shoots.  Since the distance has been shortened, & that Defense Side's players are running towards the ball, they no longer have their hands behind the bodies, the ball bounced off a player's body & onto the hand of another
defensive player.

That constitutes handball and the referee has the discretion to award a penalty kick to the Offensive side.
The referee can also choose to ignore the incident.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-6-9 04:32:33 | 显示全部楼层
Too many TV programs to watch last night, jumped back & forth among channels and didn't watch USA Vs Australia's whole game.

All that I can say is that USA was not impressive although they won.  Australia was unlucky, the result could well be 3-all.  In the last World Cup, USA also had a young blonde with a pony tail, didn't see her this time, not sure whether it was due to retirement or injury.

Only watched no more than 5' of Japan Vs. Switzerland, cannot comment.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-23 03:00 , Processed in 0.041519 second(s), 13 queries .