找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 4087|回复: 24

Japan's Rearmament

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-3-26 04:07:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/as ... -carrier/index.html

According to conditions of Japan's unconditionally surrender & its post-war constitution, Japan can only have forces of defensive nature.
The launching of 20,000 tons aircraft carrier-capable vessel clearly violates the surrender (the allies, of which China is one, have neither been consulted or approved) & its constitution (not yet amended but Abe is expected to do it soon).

Aircraft carriers do not operate alone, it operates as the centre of a fleet.   We can safely assume that other vessels to make up the fleet is already in place.

In view of USA's containment policy of China, & using Japan to do the leg/dirty work via Diaoyu Island, it raised concern not only with China but other neighbours, e.g. S. Korea.

Let us watch closely Japan's next armament move!  Don't forget neighbouring countries armament moves too!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-4-7 04:23:54 | 显示全部楼层
Heard from news that both South Korea & China protested to Japan's latest revision of elementary history books in which all islands under dispute are included under Japan's sovereign territory.

Anyway, that is to be expected & is the first step.

2nd step, is the revision of Japan's constitution.

3rd step, is officially rebuilding its military.

Abe will be visiting USA soon & to make a speech in a joint session of Congress & Senate.  If the history-ignorant Obama does not rebuff the expected content of Abe's speech of re-writing of WWII events & Japanese crimes, more of same will follow, but this time in conflicts.

Without the support of US, Japan will never be so open about its intentions.

We will see................

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-4-8 02:25:51 | 显示全部楼层
Even without further buildup, the Japanese Navy is the second most powerful in the world.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-4-8 04:05:03 | 显示全部楼层
catergang 发表于 2015-4-8 02:25
Even without further buildup, the Japanese Navy is the second most powerful in the world.

Not yet 2nd most powerful in the world, there is of course USA, Russia, GB, France.

In terms of fire power, Japan's naval force should be #1 in Asia.  China only has the tonnage, i.e. more naval ships but less powerful/destructive, but improving rapidly.

However, IMHO in future wars, all these missiles with nuclear warheads can basically knock out the whole fleet from a long distance away and WITHOUT being right on target.  Naval force is only useful when everything is under control, & use it for transporting supplies.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-15 14:07:01 | 显示全部楼层
Japan Diet (Parliament) has passed a law authorizing Japan's military from playing a defensive role to one of offensive role as well.

This is to be expected since Abe's party is the controlling party in the Government.

The next move is amending the Constitution.  Keep watching.

Without USA's consent, Abe will never push these forward.  USA wants Japan to fight a covert war for USA.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-16 09:00:07 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-13 09:47:19 | 显示全部楼层
THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING WHAT JAPANESE PM ABE HAS TO SAY ON AUG15:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/1 ... iversary/index.html

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-13 14:01:05 | 显示全部楼层
As someone as a college student marched during 60 in Chicago on a wintery day against Daiyatao claimed by Japan,  I fully understand what Japan did to us Chinese.  This time China is strong and I really do not think Japan will be able to attack China, Korea, Taiwan again like they did in the early 20th century.  I am more worried about the China internal issue on Corruption which Chairman is look after closely.  I am also ashamed of the behavior displayed by the Chinese with their new found rich.    New warfare will be done in a few hours via missiles.  No need to send any occupying force anywhere.  Unless you are still thinking of the colonial days which will never come back.  Look at the middle east as to what the strong powers can inflict on other countries.   No worry, the west is on the decline and east (China) is read.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-8-13 14:01:24 | 显示全部楼层
I meant RED.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-8-13 14:28:14 | 显示全部楼层
Japan is no match for China & will NOT start anything on its own.  However, Japan wants to see a weak China, so does USA, & therefore with USA's encouragement, Japan is probably willing to do the dirty work for USA, i.e. 狐假虎威.

To nail the cunning Japanese & short-sighted Americans, China & Chinese should use economic power by boycotting Japanese goods, and force Japan to come begging.

Earlier this year, to the utter envy and dismay of Japan, China & S. Korea signed a Free Trade Agreement.  In addition, China formed AIIB competing directly with ADB which was masterminded by USA but perpetually managed by Japan.

To make a long story short, all Chinese should make an effort of NOT buying Japanese goods and services!!

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 11:24 , Processed in 0.033203 second(s), 13 queries .