立即注册
搜索
查看: 1365|回复: 1

李莲英和慈禧主仆之间的那些事儿 [dragondick]

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-12-25 20:25:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
李莲英和慈禧主仆之间的那些事儿及大太監李蓮英死亡之謎  1:24:04.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58845ppMPHc

We can call this “flower-laced” or gossip news.  Just view the video to kill time.

No idea whether the video contents reflect 100% of the facts, but should be very close.  

Based on various readings when I was young,  I learnt that Princess Dowager was the culprit for weakening the Ching Dynasty.  She started as a concubine to the Emporer, gave birth to a son with a birth right to succeed the throne, which immediately frog-leaped her status in the Imperial Palace.

When the Emporer 同治 passed away, her son  光緒 became the a young emperor @ age 3 (?).  Due to the young emperor's age, Princess Dowager had the chance of listening/managing national affairs behind a screen 垂簾聽政.  She resisted councillors' advice to modernize, instead ordered their execution; used funds allocated for modernizing Ching Dynasty's navy to build a summer palace 頤和園 for her own enjoyment.  As a result, Ching Dynasty lost in the first Sino-Japanese War 甲午戰爭.

Anyway, 李莲英 was a 太監 who was an inner palace servant.  太監 candidates were recruited from poor families in the country side at an early age.  Once accepted, their testicles were removed to prevent them from having any sexual affairs with hundreds of concubines kept in the Palace.

PD trusted  李莲英 immensely, & was considered an accessory/accomplice in PD's “crimes”.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-12-25 20:25:10 | 显示全部楼层

Instead of setting up a new topic, I am copying & pasting the following video as a supplement to #1.  

The video is a panel discussion of what started the 甲午战争 (incidentally 2014 is the 120th anniversary), what have we learnt from it, & what should we do to move forward & to avoid a 3rd Sino-Japanese War.  

I consider this a very enlightening panel discussion.

甲午战争启示录.  Duration:  48' 22”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BJNu4KU0Vo
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-25 09:52 , Processed in 0.037945 second(s), 13 queries .