找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 1530|回复: 0

USA to File Suit Against China re Rare Earth Minerals [dragondick]

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-12-21 23:11:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
[color=#999999 !important]查看: 339|[color=#999999 !important]回复: 4

USA to File Suit Against China re Rare Earth Minerals [color=#999999 !important][color=rgb(153, 153, 153) !important][复制链接]
[tr][/tr]
电梯直达[url=][/url]
楼主
发表于 2012-3-14 23:13:18 | 只看该作者

China produces 95% of the world’s rare earth minerals which have a lot of applications, including military.  In recent years, China decides to restrict the export of these minerals to ensure future supply for China’s own needs.
So, USA together with countries with equal concerns, decide to file a suit against China thru WTO (World Trade Organization).
I need S747 members to enlighten me on the subject of “how can buyers file a law suit to force a seller to sell something which he doesn’t want to sell or to sell only at the price which the buyers are willing to pay”.
It is like going to a garage & to tell the keeper that you want one of his MMs for overnight @ only $10, & if the keeper refuses, you take him to court for unfair trade practices?
I don’t even think the court should accept this absurd, nonsensical case.
Comments anyone?

One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind - Neil Armstrong, JUL21 1969.
回复
[url=]举报[/url]

[tr][/tr]
沙发
发表于 2012-3-15 01:52:30 | 只看该作者

Well, my take is that the WTO never was fair or impartial. Its always been an economic and political weapon. Regarding rare earth metals, actually the US has a lot of it that is undeveloped. They are wizely and shrewdly saving their own supply while using up China's. Reason being that these resources are critical for industry and almost all advanced weapons systems today.

回复 支持 反对
[url=]举报[/url]

[tr][/tr]
板凳
  楼主| 发表于 2012-3-15 03:38:52 | 只看该作者

"undeveloped" is the key word,  China can supply now, while the rest of the world is still a few years' away B4 having the minerals ready for use.

Based on common sense, I think WTO will throw the case out.

One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind - Neil Armstrong, JUL21 1969.
回复 支持 反对
[url=]举报[/url]

[tr][/tr]
地板
发表于 2012-3-16 04:33:31 | 只看该作者

dragondick 发表于 2012-3-14 14:38
"undeveloped" is the key word,  China can supply now, while the rest of the world is still a few yea ...

I would disagree with the "common sense" argument for the reason that the WTO is a political tool rather than a fair impartial system. Right now its the USA, EU, and Japan lined up against China. The WTO may well vote in their favour. In which case China will likely retaliate, leading to a big ugly trade war. On the other hand, bluffing is a strategy, and in the end one party or another may back down knowing that its a lose-lose proposition. Right now, i see China as having a slightly stronger hand in the overall picture.

回复 支持 反对
[url=]举报[/url]

5#
  楼主| 发表于 2012-3-16 05:37:03 | 只看该作者

China's inexperience shows even with a good hand.

I will not restrict, just jack up the price, like oil, but by 100 times.  Then, they cannot complain.  Did these "plaintiffs" complain about middle east oil's prices?

Price is decided by demand & supply, who can complain.  

MMs' prices went up, wolves complained, but will the prices come down?  Not likely.  Unless we can bend our dick & fuck our own ass holes , then the prices for sure will come down.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-29 08:52 , Processed in 0.039999 second(s), 13 queries .