AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 5590|回复: 14

some insight regarding spa/massage sessions ~ 關於spa按摩的小意見

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-10-22 19:36:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I noticed that every once in a while there are bros complaining about session length when they go for a massage at Asian spas. Now, I can't speak for all of the spas nor all of the MMs, but having spoken with quite a few of them, what I learned is that MMs usually don't like to do any longer than 30 minute sessions.

I know all spas offer 45 minute and 1 hour sessions, and theoretically, you are fully within your rights to request a longer session. However, MMs really don't like it. Some will accomodate it with a smile, some will do it very reluctantly, and some will downright refuse.

The reason here is that the room fee always goes to the spa owner, while the "tips" (misleading name since the fee is NOT optional) goes to the MM. Regardless whether your session is half hour or one hour, the "tips" for extras is the same. For example, MM gets $80 for a bodyslide no matter if your session is half hour or one hour. So if you opt for one hour, she has to do an extra half hour of work for the same pay. Furthermore, massage is actually quite physically exhausting work, the hands and arms will be quite sore if you've ever tried doing it, especially if the recipient likes 'hard' massage.

The difference between a half hour session which breaks down to roughly 10 minutes massage, 10 minutes "extra service", and 5 minutes of clean-up / etc; versus a full hour session which breaks down to 40 minutes massage, 10 minutes "extra service", and 5 minutes of clean-up / etc; you can see that the physically demanding work (massage) is not just doubled, but actually quadrupled (10 mins vs 40 mins), and thus you can understand why MMs don't want you to book any longer than 1/2 hour.

Anyways, purpose of this post is not to defend the MMs, nor to make an excuse for bad customer service, nor to argue whether its "right or wrong" for MMs to refuse longer service, but simply to shed light on the motivation behind why MMs might refuse service (or if pushed to provide longer service will end up giving bad service). Hope this insight will be useful.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-10-22 20:36:48 | 显示全部楼层
You have my whole-hearted support to the above information/clarification, hoping there will not be any more lousy 'NOISES' from those innocent wolves. They should understand the money they spend is for looking for pleasure, and stop to argue if the money is well-spent or not.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-10-22 20:38:53 | 显示全部楼层
thanks Ben-gor for the informative insight. upup
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-10-23 09:34:05 | 显示全部楼层
If you need a real massage, don't go to a spa right?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-10-23 10:36:30 | 显示全部楼层
learned sometimg new. Thanks
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-10-23 16:17:19 | 显示全部楼层
This beg's the question - "why not offer only 30 minutes?   Just pisses off clients to short change time cause mm doesn't get a cut off the room rental.  
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-10-23 16:41:11 | 显示全部楼层
7samurai 发表于 2014-10-23 16:17
This beg's the question - "why not offer only 30 minutes?   Just pisses off clients to short change  ...

Its a charade. The spas pretend to be legit, and authorities pretend to believe. Legit spas don't just offer half hour massages, so the rub-n-tugs can't either.

Behind every stupid rule, there is always a reason, or at least there was once a reason.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-10-23 20:55:03 | 显示全部楼层
Ben2009 发表于 2014-10-23 16:41
Its a charade. The spas pretend to be legit, and authorities pretend to believe. Legit spas don't  ...

Then it's on the onus mm to instruct wolf to she has another client and can't do over 30 minutes?  Versus cutting session short cause there is no incentive ?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-10-24 12:22:26 | 显示全部楼层
The pros will just say, 'thirty minutes is better' then give me a wink.  ;)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-10-24 13:34:21 | 显示全部楼层

Years ago most reliable good MPs/parlours they love good cutomers to repeat and repeat!
They have incentives say 30 minutes for $40, 45 minutes for $60....and they want you to stay longer, the longer the session, the better service they can provide, and most of the times they get tip more!
They have a good prebook system, you wait if you are early, or the previous one is not finished.
They will definitely not cut your 30 minutes session to 20 minutes.
They will not rush the good old customer and try to catch the next one!
I guess things changed

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-25 17:38 , Processed in 0.037730 second(s), 17 queries .