AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: 88bb141

Have you (or a close hunter friend of yours) ever had a STD?

关闭 [复制链接]
发表于 2014-3-13 23:05:29 | 显示全部楼层
i voted, i think i was the third or fourth vote.. i check the result of this poll every time i log in, waiting for the sample size to get bigger too. i pretty much have an idea of the result, just want to verify. good poll btw
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-3-14 00:36:29 | 显示全部楼层
motor 发表于 2014-3-13 17:51
If that happens, then everyone will be getting STIs, hunters and non-hunters alike. And that means ...

I don't know what logic you used to arrive at that conclusion. AIDS is uncurable. Does that mean everybody has it?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-3-14 00:38:13 | 显示全部楼层
88bb141 发表于 2014-3-13 18:45
The lack of participation is what makes the difference between a good forum and a great forum.

Most people are just trying to get the latest info on the hottest girls.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-3-14 02:24:52 | 显示全部楼层
Totally agree with the comment on risk tolerance due to personal circumstances. I've only hunted 3x, but I insisted on cbj, no daty, the safe GFE while I was in a relationship. The fear was catching anything that would be very difficult to hide or explain. However, being single, I felt my risk tolerance have increased to try bbbj, but the constant remainder of curable and non-curable STDs have placed me to the "safer" side of this hobby.

happy hunting
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-3-14 06:23:44 | 显示全部楼层
So why do you think the Superstar kimchis take the risk that the fanboys consistently promote?   And why do the fanboys and lemmings all pile one after another and take the risk knowing the risks are high?

I think we all know the answer.  :lol   
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-3-14 11:06:21 | 显示全部楼层
mkjai 发表于 2014-3-14 00:36
I don't know what logic you used to arrive at that conclusion. AIDS is uncurable. Does that mean e ...

Hey mkjai,
Good to hear from you. It's been a long time, bud.
You're absolutely correct. AIDS is incurable. But as I understood catergang's statement, he wasn't referring to the incurable STDs but rather to the set of previously curable STDs that may be evolving in reaction to the antibiotics designed to contain them. Just like animals in the wild, it's evolution at work. But my gut reaction, right or wrong, is that this is not a super big deal. Still, I'm happy catergang brought this up. (Thanks, bro.)  I'm just a tad skeptical that this is a truly worrisome phenomenon. Obviously, I could be dead wrong. This is not my area at all. In any event, my thinking went something like this:
1) Do I have reason to believe that these so-called super-stds are evolving at a fast enough rate to be of huge concern to me or, say, the next 5 or 10 generations? No. Not yet. Most forms of evolution move at a glacial pace.
2) Do I have reason to believe that the human being isn't also evolving and becoming potentially better and more efficient? No. Not at all.
3) Do I have reason to believe science will not continue to adapt to these threats? Nope.

So, for now anyway, I'm not sold on the idea that I should be worrying. But even if the worst fears of the superbug theorists are realized in our lifetime, then from my POV it won't matter a lot. These bugs will be infecting everybody. But I don't think that will happen. That said, I do believe it's extremely important for scientists to study these matters with the utmost care. IMO, for most people, a good sex life is an essential component of the well-lived life in general. And anything that might make that life better will always be given my thumbs up.
P.S. And regarding AIDS, I would worry about that even less than about the super-std threat. Unless I'm mistaken, there is almost no chance that a guy having only oral or vaginal intercourse would catch it.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-3-14 11:38:36 | 显示全部楼层
motor 发表于 2014-3-13 17:15
Oh, don't worry, bro. I wasn't trying to suggest that hunters take a complacent or devil-may-care  ...

Well, because for now I am choosing not to have a significant other in my life.

Let's be pragmatic. And cut the BS talk?   What happens if you catch something incurable today and you meet the love of your life later this year?  Are you going to tell her you got incurable std?  Are you going to tell her before you bbfs her with your cold sores oozing from your cock?  :lol
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-3-14 12:03:14 | 显示全部楼层
7samurai 发表于 2014-3-14 11:38
Well, because for now I am choosing not to have a significant other in my life.

Let's be pragmat ...

The brother will be trapped in the above scenario.  It's called checkmate.

Each time you pull out your jj insert into the mm there is some degree of russian roulette.  enjoy the excitement (NOT) :funk:
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-3-14 12:35:42 | 显示全部楼层
88bb141 发表于 2014-3-14 12:03
The brother will be trapped in the above scenario.  It's called checkmate.

Each time you pull out ...

There is no such thing as the "moral high ground" once you decide to play in this hobby.  

People rationalize their actions to suit their own selfish agendas?  I just see alot of sinners in sheeps clothing? :lol
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-3-14 14:05:58 | 显示全部楼层
7samurai 发表于 2014-3-14 12:35
There is no such thing as the "moral high ground" once you decide to play in this hobby.  

Peopl ...

The 'church' is also full of sinners who pretend to be of 'high moral ground' :handshake
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-4-28 22:10 , Processed in 0.044470 second(s), 14 queries .