AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 3255|回复: 14

Solution to unnecessary post bumping?

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-14 12:05:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
There are pros and cons to each?   No easy solution but I suspect option 2 is the best?  But it requires Ben to monitor and the man is a busy dude ?  :lol
单选投票, 共有 10 人参与投票
30.00% (3)
20.00% (2)
50.00% (5)
0.00% (0)
您所在的用户组没有投票权限
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 14:25:03 | 显示全部楼层
What do you mean unnecessary post bumping? Like the Catherine thread which is now over 12 pages or someone bumping a real old thread?

For threads over a year old, we can make them "archive", so people can read them but can't reply.

As for unnecessary promotion thread like "xxmm is back", lock them, or simply don't read them...
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 14:26:26 | 显示全部楼层
option 5b.

7 gor moderates, gets paid, i get 4%
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 14:39:40 | 显示全部楼层
叫宾兄升您做东广大内总管,官拜一品,封王爵,号九千岁。专管朱蓝二批。看到不好奏张,用蓝笔一批,曰"妖言,灭之"。好的用朱笔一画批曰"赏" 群臣大呼" 谢九千岁":lol
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 15:25:37 | 显示全部楼层
hard to define unnecessary. because of an old "unnecessary" bump, i got to see some old but decent review. so it's good and bad. i think pro is greater than con. to keep this board alive  
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-7-14 16:59:39 | 显示全部楼层
happypooning 发表于 2013-7-14 15:25 static/image/common/back.gif
hard to define unnecessary. because of an old "unnecessary" bump, i got to see some old but decent r ...

To be clear I'm referring  to bumping and/or creation of  3-4 popular mm dominating the top 5 daily posts.   As Ben  has repeated its unfair to the other keepers and mms hence his lock down of recent posts on emma and jooah.

Without balance it could potentially and has already  lead to backlash by jealous competitors who could either threaten or try to destroy the popular mm out of business or  advertisers pulling out there ad dollars.       The long term health, safety and sustainability of the this community (mm, 747' and bros ) requires a balance hand  to make all happy and prosperous.   Hopes this puts some perspective ?  :lol

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-7-14 17:09:34 | 显示全部楼层
drunkmunky 发表于 2013-7-14 14:26 static/image/common/back.gif
option 5b.

7 gor moderates, gets paid, i get 4%

Drunky bro you mean freedom  has its price?   I kinda like not having to be beholden to anyone.   Unless you got free hot pussy tempting me?  :P  :lol.  What are doing with all that money your saving?  Gonna blow it in china?   :lol
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 17:32:53 | 显示全部楼层
mm reviews in one section, all other inquiries in another section (so the current section we post everything will have to be divided into two). only one thread is allowed per mm, even with bumping, only 5 spaces will be taken and replies will only consist strictly to reviews. Disallow member to write another review of the same mm unless experience is different, otherwize it's the same thing as hyping. Disallow replies like: "it's a shame mm X treat you this way, for me she was awesome!" unless it's the first review of that particular mm you're writing, if not your review should be there already and will be consider unnecessarily bumping. As for questions, pm the reviewer you have question about.  
No unsolicited advertisement of who's back or not, go read the ads yourself.

I think with this the forum will be easier to navigate.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-14 17:54:40 | 显示全部楼层
Here are some of my suggestions (they may have already been suggested above, didn't have time to read):

1) Create a master "sticky" thread that contains discussion about all MMs. Any new threads must strictly be a review (this will require more moderation).

2) Order threads by "creation date", rather than by "last post". This will keep threads about popular MMs from always appearing at the top of the forum. We already have tools that tell us when new posts have been written on threads that we have written in or subscribed to, so there is no need bump a thread each time a new reply is written.

3) Have one thread for each MM, even if they change names or agencies. This will stop multiple threads about the same MM, although popular MMs will probably still appear at the top. This will also require more moderation and also confirmation by moderators that an MM with a different name is actually a previous MM.

Personally, I don't think any action should be taken to reduce the number of posts. I feel the more posts, the better for the health of the forum. It creates a sense of community and helps to create more dedicated members.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-7-14 17:58:14 | 显示全部楼层
purplefragrance 发表于 2013-7-14 17:32 static/image/common/back.gif
mm reviews in one section, all other inquiries in another section (so the current section we post ev ...

Great idea!  :handshake.     Make the 2nd section titled "mm fan club" and the handful of bros can knock themselves out every minute talking and support about their favourite mm?  :lol.     And keep the review strictly for reviews.    This gives bros the choice what they want to read without impacting others ?  :lol
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-5-14 18:57 , Processed in 0.039704 second(s), 16 queries .